Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

Wizard

6/3 - HTC EVO Maintenance Release - Android 2.3 (4.22.651.2)

As of 6/20, the 4.22.651.2 update will be replaced with 4.24.651.1.  The 4.24.651.1 update includes all features of 4.22.651.2 in addition to fixes for the voicemail notification issue, netflix compatibilty, and a problem with the hearing aid compatibility menu.  For information on the new software, refer to this thread.

This thread is being locked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Enhancements/Fixes:

- SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact

- "Me" instead of "Yo" in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish

- Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70

- Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client

- Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update

- Fix for battery discharge issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access

to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application

Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.22.651.2

- Beginning 6/6, a notification will be sent to devices in stages. All devices

should receive the update notification within a 4 day period.

- Beginning 6/3, customers may manually check for and apply the update

- Refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Release Blog for more detailed install instructions

UPDATE:

Netflix

• According to the Netflix website the EVO 4G is supported only when running Android 2.2.  Sprint and Netflix are working together to resolve this.

http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesDetails?lnkce=nrd-d&pdid=587&lnkctr=nrd-d-n-587-netflixfor...

Voicemail notification

• New discussion thread for this topic: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/296126#296126
  • Root cause has been identified for the VVM notification issue and a short term solution began rolling out the morning of 6/9.  The rollout is occurring in batches with the first devices upgraded to Android 2.3 receiving the short term solution first.  This fix is network based and does not require customer or device interaction. 
  • Sprint is currently working on an updated version of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread software which will include a permanent solution for the VVM notification.  The short term solution will continue to be deployed until this new Android 2.3 upgrade is available. 
  • You may continue to use Settings/Call/Clear Notifications until the short term solution has been rolled out. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - voicemail notification thread; update on Netflix

810 REPLIES 810
Journeyman

This was mentioned last week (for speak to text, go to...settings, applications, all, voice, clear data) it doesn't fix it.  If driving slow in car, it works, but once on interstate, doesn't work. So hopeful though!

Journeyman

http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/evo21.jpg

Wizard

For those of you having issues with this update, it looks like there is another one scheduled for 06/20

Here is the link from Android Police

Journeyman

Oh how I love redundant information....

Journeyman

Sorry with all the redundant posts about this update in this forum the news about a fix would ease the pain for some! I will remove mine.

Journeyman

sure hope this fixes my sms problem. not being able to text is rough

Journeyman

Not having any significant issues like other ppl, but I have noticed two things since the update: Sense continuously reboots after pressing the home key, and the gps icon on the notification bar doesn't change right away after turning on or off the gps. For example, if I want to turn the gps on I would have to turn it on, then turn it off, and turn it on again in order for the icon to change to the "on" position. I hope the new update that sprint is working on can fix these issues. Battery life hasn't gotten any better either, and that's barely running any apps..

Surprised they are rolling a update just for the VMail and Netflix esp when they supposedly had a temp fix for the VM in already. What about the GoogleVoice issues when moving, and compas fixed to a direction that tons of people were reporting???

I also find it funny that this release is supposed to fix Netflix....would really think Netflix issue would require Netflix to update their app in the marketplace. Can't see what could of been borked in the OS that req. sprint/HTC to adjust to allow to work with netflix.....

Journeyman

Hey OPIE168, from what was told to me is a senior rep. from marketing and development with sprint requested with HTC assistance that Netflix would provide them with the update first so that they could bundle it with the other fixes that sprint was able to correct. It doesn't make sense to send out several different updates at several different times when you can do it all at once.

Sending out multiple updates was part of my point. Why send out an OTA to fix 2 issues and leave the others in the cold right now? The Compass and GVoice is wide spread enough that it should be addressed clearly.

As far as bundeling Netflix with the OTA it doesn't make sense to me as if Netflix could fix it on their end it would hit the market much quicker.

betrthanmost wrote:

Hey OPIE168, from what was told to me is a senior rep. from marketing and development with sprint requested with HTC assistance that Netflix would provide them with the update first so that they could bundle it with the other fixes that sprint was able to correct. It doesn't make sense to send out several different updates at several different times when you can do it all at once.

GrandMaster

agreed.

unfortunatly i doubt they will fix the majority of the problems posted in here. most likely the main ones like the text/talk and the vm notification. the sence problem is for sure a pain in the rump. but its not doing anything major to the phone other than being annoying.

kinda funny that they jumped right to working with netflix to fix this problem but not on the other issues that have been posted..the netflix deal was just in need of being able to run with 2.3.. handcent had to do the same thing.

Message was edited by: fireguy_63

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Does anyone think that my Messages app not working could be due to a bad install of the update? I did it OTA. Is it possible that it didn't download and install correctly? If so, is there any way to reinstall? I've noticed that no one else is really having problems with sms.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat