cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

so I've known about this update for over a week and keep trying to get it - but phone always says it's up to date.  Sprint telephone support told me to go into a store and they can force it.  Is there a way I can force it?  Don't have time to leave my phone at the store for a couple of hours.  of course, i'd really like to understand why i can't just download myself.  thnx

Journeyman

warchyld1 wrote:

I have a question then a statement. 1)When I manually check for update it is there but it is very slow to download like I started it lastnight and it is currently on 20% Im going to stop it cause its eating my battery.      2) The reason these software updates dont work well is because when ever HTC is done Sprint puts there grubby paws on the ROM and mess it up. I think Sprint should allow all users regardless of phone to remove Sprints add-ons. Even some of HTCs would be nice unless its kernel software which most of it isnt.

Just root using Revolutionary.  Then Titanium Backup to remove the Sprint Bloatware.

Journeyman

Since the latest update, seems like my phone is faster, but the HTC sense reloading when I hit the back button is still there and still very annoying.  Please fix Sprint! Thanks

Wizard

Apparently later updates aren't inclusive of previous updates since, when I check for the latest update available on my EVO it only shows 4.24.651.1 and not 4.53.651.1? I'm currently still on 2.2 Froyo and it looks like I need to install them incrementally to get the latest.

Is this correct?

Journeyman

seems that the last update corrected my loading problems  that many were experiencing

Journeyman

I applied the update today via the automated reminder. The install was without problems and like the release notes stated there were no major issues addressed in this software update. I have been suffering from the "not auto connecting to car sterio bluetooth" issue for almost six months now. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

-Ty

Journeyman

I installed the update to 4.53.651.1 the other day and now I have absolutely NO sound.  Headphones and speaker doesn't work.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Journeyman

Nevermind, I fixed it.

I saw another forum where someone mentioned that they headphone jack switch can get affected, so I blasted it with canned air and shazam!  Got the sound back. 

Journeyman

Since the latest Evo 4G software update, some of my pictures in my gallery have shrunk down when I open them. Has anyone had this problem?? I have tried to find something in the phone to make them bigger again but no luck. The pictures are smaller than 1/2 inch. The funny thing is these pictures are not even the recent pictures I have taken. I took them around March of this year. Could someone please help me with this and tell me how to get the pictures to open normal size again? I would also like it if the phone would not give me the memory warning so I could stop removing apps out of my phone. So far, since I removed an app that I have had for over a year, it has not come back. But I should not have to remove apps to have memory storage. I noticed as long as the notification of the low memory stays up, my phone will not sync anything. Once I removed enough apps, the phone synced everything again. Evo users should not have to go through this!!! Help Please Somebody!!!

Wizard

Anitas-Evo,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your EVO 4G. I haven't heard or seen of that happening after the update, could you please go into the gallery and long press the photo and when the options screen comes up select details, what does the screen resolution show of the shrunk photos? Have you tried any troubleshooting such as pulling the battery with the phone on and then powering back up?

As far as the low memory warning issue, we've received a few reports of this happening but we haven't been able to duplicate this issue, I've even tried having customers run logs individually to capture the behavior and have not had any success. After working with multiple people directly who reported this and having them monitor it closely it was found to be just application or software updates that they were actually accepting and data increases from use of applications such as facebook or other 3rd party applications storing new data.

Master

As far as the low memory warning issue, we've received a few reports of this happening but we haven't been able to duplicate this issue, I've even tried having customers run logs individually to capture the behavior and have not had any success. After working with multiple people directly who reported this and having them monitor it closely it was found to be just application or software updates that they were actually accepting and data increases from use of applications such as facebook or other 3rd party applications storing new data.

WHAT? There have been HUNDREDS of reports of this since Gingerbread, WE NEVER HAD THE ISSUE BEFORE! Does anybody there(@SPRINT) even use an EVO? So what your stating is it not being looked into any further? THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. IT'S NOT CAUSED BY THIRD PARTY APPS OR USER ERROR, IT IS BECAUSE OF SOME CHANGE HTC/SPRINT MADE. WHAT A JOKE!

Master

Also I find it kind of funny that in other threads reps state it is a known issue being looked into ""Sprint and HTC are working on a solution. It should address a lot of issues.  I don't have an ETA unfortunately.""

This problem within Sprint where a customer can ask 5 reps and get different answers to the same question/KNOWN issue is getting old fast.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/322842#322842

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/323108#323108

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat