cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

GrandMaster

been having it happen alot lately. i just figured it was tower issues. ive also noticed wifi has been having problems connecting as well. a few others have posted about this as well.

on a side note i finaly have net at my home...finaly recieved my router and low and behold its wireless N only...grr..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Update: Played a hunch and uninstalled the "Juice Defender" power saver app.  It's only been about 2 hours but no problems with mobile network turning off since. (It was happening sporadically every 10-15 minutes before that.)  It may be that there is an incompatibility with this app and the 4.53.651.1 update.  Interesting thing was I had already "disabled" the Juice Defender app a few days ago to see if that was the cause, but it was still happening.  Only an actual uninstall of the app seemed to do the trick.  Going to follow up with the app developer to see if they have run into this issue already.  Could be an issue with other battery saver apps as well, I suppose, but I'm still not sure that this is really the root cause or not.  Time will tell.

Journeyman

Thats what Juice Defender does.  I use it on my 2 EVOs and we have about doubled our battery life.  Youcan set the data off period the default is off when phone is sleep and comes on once every 15 minutes to check for email etc.  You can change this setting, occaionally it is a bit buggy coming back but 95% of the time it works like a charm.  Always defers to user activity, so if in  the middle of an off period I use the phone, the data turns on #G then a few seconds later if in WiFI range WiFI

GrandMaster

i think its more than just the juice deffender though. i was just browsing and it did it again to me. it has been hit and miss for quite a while now actually. i either have awesome reception...no reception but have the 3G loggo still there...or no loggo at all..just the reception bars. this has been ongoing since the update if i remember right. ditto with the wifi issue. before that no issues at all. could be because of the update...then again it might not be..dunno.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

Sorry Howard, poorly worded post on my part.  I understand how Juice Defender works.  To clarify the problem I was seeing:  It seems that after the update, Juice Defender would work as normal by disabling the Mobile Network connection during periods of inactivity, but when I would do something (for example, try to check email or open facebook, etc., that would have simply caused JD to reactivate the mobile network connection in the past), something was now preventing it from doing so.  So I just got a "no connection available" error instead.  Not sure if that's really a JD issue or an issue with the HTC software update, but since uninstalling JD I haven't been having the problem anymore.

Journeyman

Is there a thread like the one for the previous update to post bug reports? I am still having the following after this update:

• Random crashes causing complete lockup or reboot when using the stock camera app.
  • HTC Sense restarting when returning to the home screen.
  • Open folders intermittently appear behind other apps in the home screen after returning to the home screen. Is it possible to take a screenshot from the Home screen to show what I am talking about? If not I will try to capture this with a camera.
  • Often will not reconnect to saved WPA-Enterprise networks, unless I go into WiFi settings and click on the network and enter my "credential storage password".
  • Low disk space. (I think this is mainly due to Gingerbread taking more of the space on the flash storage, so we cannot install as many apps as we could with Froyo, however, if we could uninstall preloaded apps like Nova, Sprint NASCAR, Sprint TeleNAV, Sprint TV, Kindle, and Qik I think it would help a lot)

I'm sure there are more that I am not thinking of, I will post more if I can think of anything.

GrandMaster

for the camera issue try settings-applications-manage applications-all. go to the camera app and clear the data on it. ditto with the video app as well. it wont delete your pics or vids since theyre on your sd card anyways.

the sense reboot is a known issue from what i have read. nothing as of updates on when we will get that fixed though.

the open folders/main screen one i have no clue. might have to do a FR for that one. i have only heard of that one once before and i think thats what they had to do to fix it.

the internal memory leak one is also ongoing. from what i understand they(sprint) are trying to replicate it but havent been able to. there are a list of us that have had it happen. some a FR fixed it. for others it only helped for a little while.

Wizard

Re: 8/23 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.53.651.1

I was still running Android 2.2 when my EVO got all wonky at some point after installing a new app and/or switching out of 4G mode. It was stuck in a continuous boot loop that would not complete and the phone was completely unusable. I had to do a hard reset and wiped all my data and started clean.

Since that meant I already lost all my settings and some data, I decided it was time to apply the lastest two Gingerbread updates. I reloaded my apps I had saved to my SD card via Astro file manager as well as my contacts. I added email and other lost account data (sporadically over the course of the last day or so) and am happy to say I have yet to experience any problems. (Other than an annoyance that after using the clock alarm and shutting it off, where it used to be a one-time use alarm, it now must be manually unchecked or it stays set after use).

Journeyman

how bout fixing this radio interface resource shortage error or the network busy one now ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Been getting that as well as STILL ALOT of DROPPED calls , And mostly when i'm on the phone with bussiness.

This has been going on since before MAY 2011 and They promised credits to our account which we only recieved 1 and that was after we paid the past due bill (which we thought the credits was put on our account ) We we only 2 days late and they cut us off , I have 3 other family members that has the same issues ,When is Sprint/nextel going to Honor thier promises of crediting our accounts??? I was on the Phone yesterday with Buiness and the call dropped had to call back and we was right by a tower !!! That they said all the issuses were FIXED --- NOT !!! The dropped calls happened many times yesterday 10-19-20111... I'm Ready to drop Sprint and find another company ! They keep passing the buck to this person and that person that all make promises and never do what they say !!! I filed a complaint with the FTC and BBB ...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat