cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveSync Problems to Exchange Server

Journeyman

ActiveSync Problems to Exchange Server

I have twice (since Friday) encountered an ActiveSync error to my corporate exchange server that I've only been able to fix by deleting and recreating the ActiveSync profile.  the problem manifests itself as a perpetual unsuccessful attempt to sync and occurs seemingly randomly.  Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I've seen some threads referencing Touchdown but not sure this is the right solution for this problem on the EVO.  Please don't tell me I need to go back to my  Blackberry...Thanks!

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: ActiveSync Problems to Exchange Server

I am having the exact same issue.  Currently I am using Touchdown to get past this issue.  Other employees at my company are using the Droid and Galaxy without error so this seems to be an issue just for the Evo.  I would prefer to use the native mail and calendar clients over Touchdown since Touchdown isn't as well integrated in to the device's features.

Journeyman

I am also having this problem.  This is my second EVO phone (first one had to be replaced) and the phone is beginning to experience the same issues as the first.  It is very frustrating to have this happen when you are traveling and planning to use this as your source for email contact.  The interesting thing is that my contacts are staying available and current; it is email and calendar/appointments that are having the issues.  If someone has this figured out, I would sure appreciate the solution!

Journeyman

I am also experiencing the same issue but it is only around Calendar! If you uncheck calendar it at least stops the endless attempts to sync that drains your battery and Contacts and mail seem to work fine then.

We need a real fix though! Having an evo without a calendar does not equal a smart phone! I love it other than this issue, getting to the end of my rope.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure what your issues are with syncing via EAS.  Does your company have any mobile policies that are put in place when connecting via EAS?  I'm the exchange admin at my company and we've been sailing along with the EVOs accessing exchange no problem...all calendar, contact, and email functions fine.  We don't use passcodes or any other restriction in the Default Mobile policy...a lot of companies do.

You can manage your own device accessing your exchange mail by going to your OWA...under options, then mobile devices, you'll see a list of devices which have synced with your account.  You can delete the associations.  The EVO shows up as htcsupersonic.  Whatever you do, don't choose to wipe it.  It'll push out a command the next time it syncs, and it will do a factory reset.  Awesome.  Anyway...the above is possible if you're enterprise is running Exchange 2007 or better.  Admins may also have removed that option from being available.

BTW...Blackberry stinks when it comes to integrating with Exchange.  Unless you have a local BES server, it's really hit and miss.  The reason, it goes out to their servers, which then communicates with yours, and back again...it's stupid.  I hate dealing with blackberry users....well, their phones anyway.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat