Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Journeyman

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Dear Sprint,

I am extremely excited about the news of the HTC Evo, we have waited a long time for a phone of this caliber.  I have been a loyal Sprint customer for about 12 years now,  I ask that you please release additional information on this phone soon.  I know many of your loyal customers, including me, would like to know what pricing will look like and if we will need to go to a new monthly plan. 

I am currently eligible for a phone upgrade and really need a new phone.  I am happy to wait until this summer to upgrade, but would like to know if this phone or service plan will be totally out of my price range.  I would hate to wait that long for an upgrade and then choose another phone anyway. 

Please help us out and give us more information.

Sincerely,

A loyal customer

454 REPLIES 454
Sprint Product Ambassador

Very nice post!

No clue on pricing, but my _personal_ guess:

No less than $69 a month.  No more than $189 a month. (maybe)

Handset will cost at least $100, no more than $750.

It'll be available no later than November 11, 2010.

Like I said, just guessing!

But stay tuned - there is lots more information in the pipeline and we'll be posting here with it!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

could you have been any more vague?

Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

Very nice post!

No clue on pricing, but my _personal_ guess:

No less than $69 a month.  No more than $189 a month. (maybe)

Handset will cost at least $100, no more than $750.

It'll be available no later than November 11, 2010.

Like I said, just guessing!

But stay tuned - there is lots more information in the pipeline and we'll be posting here with it!

That's gonna show up on the rumor sites.

"Sprint rep leaks release details/pricing of HTC Evo."

Journeyman

I appreciate the sarcasm

Sprint Product Ambassador

knaveofspades wrote:

Yup.  Ah well.  It's 100% accurate - it will be out this year; it will cost money, and you will have to have a Sprint service plan to use it. Beyond that it's anyone's guess.  🙂

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

knaveofspades wrote:

Yup.  Ah well.  It's 100% accurate - it will be out this year; it will cost money, and you will have to have a Sprint service plan to use it. Beyond that it's anyone's guess.  🙂

But now you're going to have the sero group crying...

Journeyman

doctah wrote:

wengla02 wrote:

knaveofspades wrote:

But now you're going to have the sero group crying...

Nothing is going to stop that...it's almost tradition at this point.

Journeyman

the phone will be sold for $199 after a mail in rebate. It will be released the first week of June on either friday the 4th or sunday the 6th. Currently there will be no 4G data plan. If you are in an area of 4G you can simply use it cost free. As 4G service encompasses most of America, the use of minutes will slowly but surely vanish as calls will be made via VOIP, thereby creating an entirely new plan that has yet to be formulated. Cool stuff right there and a sick phone to go with it! Keep you posted

Jackson

Wizard

Wow, $199 after mail in Rebate. That is simply awesome. If this holds, then Sprint will surely make a killing.

Journeyman

yeah and thats the whole idea of it, keeping subcribers happy at sprint and gettin new ones

Journeyman

Ok jackson, since you are an expert and I'm not being sarcastic either, your name has been mentioned in several different forums as knowing what you are talking about so please answer this. word is out that BestBuy will be offereiong this phone in May so can you explain how they are getting an early release? Also, is there a chance Sprint will waive the MIR as does BestBuy?

i never have understood this logic, I mean I know that Sprint requires the phone be active for at least 30 days and your rebate takes longer than that, but wouldn't it cut cost to not have to mail out millions of rebates???

It also would appeal to new customers to buy from Sprint and I know from experience that BestBuy does not get an overload of new phones when they come out, but who wouldn't want to avoid the MIR? I know I would..............

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat