Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Journeyman

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Dear Sprint,

I am extremely excited about the news of the HTC Evo, we have waited a long time for a phone of this caliber.  I have been a loyal Sprint customer for about 12 years now,  I ask that you please release additional information on this phone soon.  I know many of your loyal customers, including me, would like to know what pricing will look like and if we will need to go to a new monthly plan. 

I am currently eligible for a phone upgrade and really need a new phone.  I am happy to wait until this summer to upgrade, but would like to know if this phone or service plan will be totally out of my price range.  I would hate to wait that long for an upgrade and then choose another phone anyway. 

Please help us out and give us more information.

Sincerely,

A loyal customer

454 REPLIES 454
Wizard

Here is another rumor of 04/16 release date

http://www.facebook.com/sprint?v=app_2344061033&vm=all

Journeyman

bestbuy had out the sprint hero before sprint did as well. I don't know why they get to but its probably a perk for selling so many phones for sprint or something. The mail in rebate exists because of the fact so many peole dont do it!!! You would be amazed how many people are lazy enough or forget they have to mail it in.

April may be the release date for the nexus one. Evo...not soo much i think that april 16th date is when we do foind out about pricing and info on the phone such as new specs and software. That would make sense, about a month ahead of bestbuy preorders

Wizard

April 16th for info on pricing and plans. Perfect. Its a good birthday present.  Cool.

Journeyman

Hey, Jackson,

I've been seeing your name quite a bit in the AndroidForums lately and they're all saying you're the expert on the HTC EVO 4G.  I sure hope your $199 price is a good one.  If it is, I think Sprint will be getting a lot of its customers back.

I remember last fall when I was looking into the Hero that BestBuy was the first one to release the phone, but that was to their preferred customers.  They also bypassed the MIR.  It would be great if they start selling the EVO early.  I keep seeing an April 16th date thrown around, but can't imagine what that is.  Some have suggested that's when pricing and the release date may be announced.  Does that make sense to you?

Bill

Journeyman

yeah thats exactly what that will be for. Infact here is my proof of that, http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/03/29/sprint-to-communicate-a-big-program-to-employees-on-march-31st/comment-page-1/#comment-818941

This says that sprint is requiring employees to come to this conference AFTER local shops close that day. Iteresting is it not? BTW Rumors are still floating that their could be a Sprint iPhone 4G. I have no intel on this as my source works for an android testing department for sprint but hey it would make sense after seeing previous versions of the iphone have been made on connection type.

But yeah no charge for 4G best buy taking preorders in mArch, June release date at a cool $199 after mail in rebate with no additional cost for 4G

Journeyman

I've been looking everywhere for this with no luck.  Is the Evo going to have the noise canceling/dual mic like the Nexus One to help out with the Voice input?

Journeyman

More info I ran across.  Some older, some not so old.

Voice + Data, sorry it can't yet but maybe...

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-says-no-simultaneous-voice-and-data-evo-its-not-their-fault

Almost conflicting stories.

Still being tested...

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-clarifies-voice-data-evo-4g

Journeyman

sprint isnt good at keeping its customers interested in awesome things so if you wanna stick around and wait search yourself on the internet

Journeyman

Holy crapp.... I'm everywhere hahaha

Journeyman

hey jackson they are shutting down the old supersonic info thread i just got locked out

"This post has run its course and being closed" form http://community.sprint.com/baw/people/izzyks

he's a sprint admin

i wonder if that means tommorrow is the day?

Journeyman

idk why he did that! It kinda irks me but oh well i like this evo post any way! No tomorrow is definetly not the day, Sprint will let you know the day via its media blitz, believe you will know when the day is...the whole world will

Journeyman

admins love to power trip on these forums I noticed though  come on tomrrow and the sprint meeting wathc the meeting be about "what should we have in the vending machines this year"

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat