Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Journeyman

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Dear Sprint,

I am extremely excited about the news of the HTC Evo, we have waited a long time for a phone of this caliber.  I have been a loyal Sprint customer for about 12 years now,  I ask that you please release additional information on this phone soon.  I know many of your loyal customers, including me, would like to know what pricing will look like and if we will need to go to a new monthly plan. 

I am currently eligible for a phone upgrade and really need a new phone.  I am happy to wait until this summer to upgrade, but would like to know if this phone or service plan will be totally out of my price range.  I would hate to wait that long for an upgrade and then choose another phone anyway. 

Please help us out and give us more information.

Sincerely,

A loyal customer

454 REPLIES 454
Journeyman

yep hopefully in about 24 hrs there is some great news

Journeyman

srsly i dont really know what else it could be about. Why they would call a random meeting for every sprint location in the US out of the blue? It doesnt add up unless it is the Evo or N1

Journeyman

It is a curious thing -- Sprint has the only 4G network and just announced the coming of the first 4G phone.  Why is Sprint stock so low at around $3 a share?  I was thinking the announcement of the Evo would bump the stock.... but no - it stayed down in the dirt.  I wonder why there is no confidence in Sprint stock from investors?

Journeyman

cityw3 wrote:

It is a curious thing -- Sprint has the only 4G network and just announced the coming of the first 4G phone.  Why is Sprint stock so low at around $3 a share?  I was thinking the announcement of the Evo would bump the stock.... but no - it stayed down in the dirt.  I wonder why there is no confidence in Sprint stock from investors?

casue they botch every launch of a flagship phone. Becasue they have good ideas and dont excute them well.  Lke right now no info sine they annouced the evo other companies give tons of info and usually annouce and launch in a month but noo not sprint.

Journeyman

well certain things may need to be kept under wraps that you dont know about, such as a new version of android or such and such. Give them time, it would be almost impossible to screw this up

Journeyman

Heres some additional info on the voice calls plus data at the same time....

click here

To me its not really a serious problem as long as they make sure they enable fring+skype to do conferencing calls just like they did on the NOKIA N900. yep thats right Nokia N900 can conference call via fring+skype on the 3G network...Im sure fring&skype will come through for us EVO Users...

Message was edited by: jsmart

Journeyman

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/30/sprint-clearwire-among-companies-asking-for-td-lte-standard-in/

^ Sprint looking to gain LTE spectrum

Journeyman

uh oh sprint.com is down cant access account normal banners missing SOMETHING BIG IS BREWING!!!!

Journeyman

Just logged in. ??

Journeyman

maybe its prep for some type of in-store ad campaign. It would be great if they advertise a flagship phone right this time around. But that just my theory, being a newb and all.

Journeyman

its back up was down for a good hour wodner why it was. website still missing baners their changing something

Journeyman

it is for something u are right.... we'll see tomorrow i guess hahaha

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat