Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Journeyman

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Dear Sprint,

I am extremely excited about the news of the HTC Evo, we have waited a long time for a phone of this caliber.  I have been a loyal Sprint customer for about 12 years now,  I ask that you please release additional information on this phone soon.  I know many of your loyal customers, including me, would like to know what pricing will look like and if we will need to go to a new monthly plan. 

I am currently eligible for a phone upgrade and really need a new phone.  I am happy to wait until this summer to upgrade, but would like to know if this phone or service plan will be totally out of my price range.  I would hate to wait that long for an upgrade and then choose another phone anyway. 

Please help us out and give us more information.

Sincerely,

A loyal customer

454 REPLIES 454
Journeyman

I'd definitely still consider the Nexus One, based on the timing of its releasing and pricing.  However, even more important to me is the size (still not convinced that the HD2 isn't too big)... and most definitely the fact that the Nexus One is a lot more likely to get regular, immediate updates from Google.  I'm not sure I want to deal with waiting for months and months to get HTC and/or Sprint to provide updates to the latest versions of Android.

But... we shall see... still definitely leaning towards the EVO.

Journeyman

I recently checked out the HTC HD2 from t-mobile and was impressed by its size..It wasnt as big as i thought..It was very pocket friendly and not too

big for the hands.(i have normal size hands by the way). So. Im assuming the HTC EVO will be pretty much the same as the HD2 in size and should hvae a very good feel as well..

Journeyman

wow if this was sprints big news I feel bad for them... people were expected steak potatoes and cake and all we got was the butter for the potatoes.

The Sprint Free Guarantee is a program for new customers or current  Sprint customers who add a new line of service on or after 4/1. For new  lines of activation, we’ll provide the most robust guarantee in the  industry. The Sprint Free Guarantee will replace the 30-Day Satisfaction  Guarantee for new lines of activation.

We have always had a 30-Day Satisfaction Policy, but to make the jump to  Sprint even more attractive starting 4/1 we introduce the Sprint Free  Guarantee.

What’s the difference between the Sprint Free Guarantee and the  30-Day Satisfaction Policy?

With the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, new customers were still  responsible for prorated MRC charges and associated taxes and fees.
With our Sprint Free Guarantee, full MRC charges, and associated taxes  and fees will be reimbursed.  
The following charges will not be reimbursed:  usage not included in  your plan, premium content, third party billing, international charges  and any associated taxes and Sprint surcharges.
If a customer activates a new line of service, and they do not incur any  overage or charges listed above that won’t be reimbursed, the customer  can walk away with no out of pocket expenses.  Yep, you heard it right  -- free means FREE
As a part of this policy, we will also waive the restock fee for new  customer exchanges.  The restock policy for upgrading customers does not  change.
NOTE: The restocking fee does not apply to Corporate-Liable (CL)  customers.
So in a nutshell, The Sprint Free Guarantee covers new lines of service,  while the 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee covers upgrades and  accessories.

Journeyman

Yup, this is like a kick in a teeth to existing customers... (or should I have said exiting customers?)

"Hi Mr. Long Time Sprint Customer, how can I help you today? You'd like to get a new upgraded phone? Sure I can help you with that. What's that? Discounted pricing? Um no, not exactly, see that's for NEW customers. Yes, I know, you have an 'upgrade discount' but that's off the RETAIL price (which basically makes it the same price as a new customer). Ok, you'll do it? Great. let me get that phone for you. What's that? You want to try another phone first? Well, you can do that, but you'll have to pay a restocking fee if you don't like it. Excuse me for a second.  Hello! Mr. New Customer from Verizon! Here'sa free phone. Try it for as long as you want, never mind that silly restocking fee, and don't worry about the price, we'll get you in for a sweet deal!  Ok, now back you to Mr. ... what was your name again?  Wait! Don't go...here's some free concert tickets and a ring tone!!!! Did you hear about the EVO? Just two more months!!!"

Bah!

Message was edited by: madscientist

Message was edited by: madscientist

Journeyman

The audio on that is a little sketchy, but somewhere near the end I think I picked up something like this:

"We promise? Really?"  "Yeah..." (background chuckles)

Journeyman

Yep, that seems to be the big news...good for Sprint, not Evo fans

Wizard

jsmart wrote:

I recently checked out the HTC HD2 from t-mobile and was impressed by its size..It wasnt as big as i thought..It was very pocket friendly and not too

big for the hands.(i have normal size hands by the way). So. Im assuming the HTC EVO will be pretty much the same as the HD2 in size and should hvae a very good feel as well..

You can check pdanet or phonearena to see the difference in size

Journeyman

wjackson14 and ajac and mxmarcus

good to see you guys they locked are other forum. that was nice of them. haha

anyways any word on what todays meetings where about?

Wizard

I don't know why it took them so long to lock it.

I unsubscribed from it because it was past due.

Journeyman

jkarchpro2 wrote:

wjackson14 and ajac and mxmarcus

good to see you guys they locked are other forum. that was nice of them. haha

anyways any word on what todays meetings where about?

all I know is if the 30 day thing is thier big news I wanna puke on it

Journeyman

i think its gonna be about the evo just like ctia when the revealed it, things are matching up

Journeyman

Mgames wrote:

i think its gonna be about the evo just like ctia when the revealed it, things are matching up

we shall see but somethign tells me this is the big news and its pathetic

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat