Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Journeyman

Additional Information on HTC Evo

Dear Sprint,

I am extremely excited about the news of the HTC Evo, we have waited a long time for a phone of this caliber.  I have been a loyal Sprint customer for about 12 years now,  I ask that you please release additional information on this phone soon.  I know many of your loyal customers, including me, would like to know what pricing will look like and if we will need to go to a new monthly plan. 

I am currently eligible for a phone upgrade and really need a new phone.  I am happy to wait until this summer to upgrade, but would like to know if this phone or service plan will be totally out of my price range.  I would hate to wait that long for an upgrade and then choose another phone anyway. 

Please help us out and give us more information.

Sincerely,

A loyal customer

454 REPLIES 454
Journeyman

Seriously.. do you think that if Sprint releases the EVO a month before the Iphone HD will make people go with the EVO over the new IPHONE?

I want the EVO regardless but I just don't think moving it ahead of the Iphone by just a short time span will make that much of a difference.. I could see if it was like 6 months apart.

Journeyman

well it should help somewhat, I mean i understand what you are saying but if sprint puts enough energy and advertising behind the EVO before the new iphone comes out they will grab alot of those would be iphone customers. I already know people with iphones who are amazed at the EVO and apple doesnt release any of there info till lauch date which actually hepls sprints EVO alot....trust me release sooner and they will flock to sprint....

Wizard

tpp0230 wrote:

I want the EVO regardless but I just don't think moving it ahead of the Iphone by just a short time span will make that much of a difference.. I could see if it was like 6 months apart.

I am with you.

EVO, come to me!!

Journeyman

well if it is true that they will start taking preorders in may then may be there will be an early june release date....

Journeyman

Grimaldi wrote:

All right, I have to speak.

After so many posts by that charlatan wjackson, I have to blow the whistle on him. Many of you know who I'm talking about and yet you continue to consume his words as if they were gospel. I don't think he ever knew/had access to the HTC Supersonic as everything he stated was public knowledge anyway. Now he's on androidforums.com as "Supersonical" and peeling off even more lies. See the links below. He's claiming to be a Sprint Developer (see the third link) which was something he NEVER mentioned on the previous thread on this site. He can't even keep up with his own lies. Furthermore, he's claiming more ROM and RAM for the HTC Evo 4G and a Super AMOLED screen by its release date, which only Samsung has the patent to at this time. Either shut him up or shut him down, but his illiterate, obnoxious, 12-year-old postings are getting in the way of serious discussion on an awesome device for which he has no inside knowledge.

See for yourself:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/54768-official-htc-evo-4g-wimax-thread-20.html#post496314

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/54768-official-htc-evo-4g-wimax-thread-20.html#post496359

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/54768-official-htc-evo-4g-wimax-thread-20.html#post496380

OT so sorry in advance but you make the claim that he says there will be a super AMOLED screen..except in the links you listed he never says that. In fact he says he thinks it won't even be AMOLED. I have no dog in the fight just saying if you are going use a citation at least use one that backs up your claim. Also just because he says on another community he is a dev what does that matter?  I work for a large adult business, I would never go on a forum where I know official from my company work, giving some possible inside information. However I might go somewhere else and say, "I know this because I'm...".  Usually people are fine turning their heads when it's in a non official atmosphere but not so much when you come in an official capacity. So it would make sense. Again  I don't know either way but it doesn't seem like he is making things up just for trolling purposes or otherwise.

Message was edited by: burgertime

Journeyman

how do we even know is the same person and who cares anyway?

Wizard

Here is an official info from sprint

http://developer.sprint.com/site/global/develop/mobile_platforms/android/android.jsp

Journeyman

wow it is there.....

Journeyman

@ grimaldi

I have to step in also - I read the majority of the forums you posted as evidence that Jackson is a fake.  You should have posted more than what you did because if you did so it would have included a prior post where jackson states that he is a "member of the sprint dev. website" which we know is true as he leaked the information to us about the site stating the EVO will have amoled screen.  I am going to give Jackson the benefit of the doubt as he most likely meant to say he is a member on the site.  I don't take everything he says as if it's gospel, but the majority of things he has said has been true.  I read all his posts from the other forum and didn't find that he said anything that was contradicting what he has told us -- he even linked one of his post to  our forum for added information. Don't hate the man with information - if you want to believe him then fine but don't go publicly hatin on the man if you don't go the evidence to prove he's lying ESPECIALLY when there is more evidence showing that he know what the hlel he is talking about

Journeyman

jackson definitely has some inside information, there is no doubt in mind; however, as I've said before I think he exaggerates a bit regarding how much he knows and when he should clarify he is speculating he instead makes it sound like fact. the post where he says he is a sprint dev is a bit weird, I don't know about that.

nonetheless, if you've followed his posts you would know the guy is very well informed and if I have 20 emails waiting to be read, I usually skip through to read jackson emails because they keep me excited about the EVO.

yes, a 1 month head start on the iphone would be very beneficial to Sprint.

Wizard

For starters, Like I mentioned in the other thread that was closed, I read each and every post in the threads here and I have noticed that wjackson tidbits of information have been on the money each and every time. Regardless if he gets it due to his job, or knows someone on the inside, or acquires it from the web and manages to be the first one posting the information here. bottom line, he has proven himself each and every time. Second, it amazes me that this would be brought up in this forum and asking for the admins to do something about it when its out of their control. Unless someone else steps up to the plate and convinces me otherwise or provides as much info as he has and have it proven each time, then my belief in him stands. Now I might be removed from this forum for my views, but i ask you Grimaldi the same question you put out to the members of this forum, unless you can do better then either shut up or step aside and let the ones that have provided us with accurate proven information continue to do so.

my 2 cents

TS

Journeyman

jsmart wrote:

wow it is there.....

um, did I miss something?  What is "it" that you are referring to?

This is the same link that has been circulating around the previous forum for a week. (once even with the word "Sizzle" next to the name of the device) Haven't we already hashed this link out? (amoled vs LCD etc...?)

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat