cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggggggg... I can't take it any more!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have just unsubscribed from everything. I just can't take all the whining about my phone won't do this or that. When is ver9.999 gonna come out and will it fix my breakfast? How do I turn it on/off? Why do I have to RTFM to understand my phone?  Folks, if you are going to play on the bleeding edge of technology, your gonna get cut. You want nice, secure technology that doesn't required you to think, play, experiment or RTFM, I hear there is a phone out there just for you... It's called the iPhone and Jobs and company is more than happy to think for you.  -  read the book, play with it, you can't really break it, but these questions equivalent to PC questions like what does cont-alt-delete do and why does my computer reboot every time I do it have driven me over the edge!!!  Maybe a group for one year plus owners might work, but until then... I'm done. Thanks to a the knowledgeable people who put up with this - you really are Saints.  --  Sharon

13 REPLIES 13

We'll miss you, but I get what your saying.  Rick

Journeyman

I partially agree with you Carrol. Particularly about RTFM and even read some threads first dummy. I've been reading forums since 300 baud CompuServe days.

When an update is issued people are going to report problems or changes they don't like. People who see no problems aren't going to post. If nobody reports problems nothing gets fixed only changes are made that introduce new problems that don't get fixed.....

Anyway, personally, I'd be bored if the only posts on forums were the "everything is wonderfull" posts. After all what would all the people who like to help others do post stuff liike, "Oh I agree and cake is nice"?

Thanks for venting and don't let forums get you down.

Journeyman

waaaahhh people are asking for help on a support forum! waaahh I don't understand what the purpose of support forums is!! waaahh I feel superior to everyone because I know what ctrl+alt+del does!

I love the irony of threads like this one

Wizard

This topic is best suited for Speak Your Mind section.

Journeyman

What does RTFM stand for? I've seen it but for some reason I can't think of what it is.

Journeyman

Read the fine manual

Journeyman

carolinagirl.sharon wrote:

I have just unsubscribed from everything. I just can't take all the whining about my phone won't do this or that. When is ver9.999 gonna come out and will it fix my breakfast? How do I turn it on/off? Why do I have to RTFM to understand my phone?  Folks, if you are going to play on the bleeding edge of technology, your gonna get cut. You want nice, secure technology that doesn't required you to think, play, experiment or RTFM, I hear there is a phone out there just for you... It's called the iPhone and Jobs and company is more than happy to think for you.  -  read the book, play with it, you can't really break it, but these questions equivalent to PC questions like what does cont-alt-delete do and why does my computer reboot every time I do it have driven me over the edge!!!  Maybe a group for one year plus owners might work, but until then... I'm done. Thanks to a the knowledgeable people who put up with this - you really are Saints.  --  Sharon

Lots and lots of complaining in here. There are not that many looking for solutions anymore its more of hating sprint for bloatware, or the update is crap. There have been two of my family EVO's which were effected by the update and the problems had nothing to do with the update. The 2.3 has made the phone (in my opinon) nearly perfect. Its like buying an SUV and then complaining about the gas mileage, it doesn't fit in parking spaces, you can't put all the crap in your garage in the back seat and still have room for your kids, you have to change the oil, it won't stay clean and I can't pull a 40' trailer with it. I HATE GMC!!!

Journeyman

Thank you Whammon2

Journeyman

You've missed my point completely... I recently saw a post about how do I change my ring tone. Not only is it in the book, it's listed in the index. And if you don't like dead tree books, the downloadable version is even searchable. You wouldn't buy a fine Italian sports car then call the dealer to ask how the turn signals work, would you? As somebody else said, this is a support forum, not EVO 101. You can get that from the store, if you feel you need it. Try getting answers to questions like why doesn't v2.3.3 turn off when you tell it to. Or other questions that are not documented in the book, like why it took me seven EVOs to get one that worked as advertised. Like I said before, the bleeding edge of technology is not for the faint of heart.  --  Sharon

Journeyman

And do you really not know what ctrl+alt+del does to a non Windows computer?  When I spent my time in help desk he**, supporting high end apps, my first question would always be: what page of the manual don't you understand? Things never change, except now I guess everyone knows that little tray that pops out is not a drink holder...  --  Sharon

Journeyman

carolinagirl.sharon wrote:

And do you really not know what ctrl+alt+del does to a non Windows computer?  When I spent my time in help desk he**, supporting high end apps, my first question would always be: what page of the manual don't you understand? Things never change, except now I guess everyone knows that little tray that pops out is not a drink holder...  --  Sharon

Nope, Iwas barely able to dress myself this morning, let alone understand the intricate inner workings of a complex operating system. I call for help when I can't remember my prodigy login information!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat