cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed!!! EVO Wait List

Journeyman

Annoyed!!! EVO Wait List

Anyone else think Sprint didn't order  enough EVO's for the great demand? I've been on a waiting list for over a week with no end in sight! They keep saying wait  till we call we're only getting FIVE at a time! Unbelievable!!!

50 REPLIES 50
Journeyman

Re: Annoyed!!!

I like to imagine that the slow trickle of handsets means that Sprint and HTC are doing lots of QA and won't be putting any sub-par devices in the hands of Sprint customers.

Instead of posting on here, you could be over at www.AppBrain.com picking out your applications and getting your phone all set up for when it arrives...

Journeyman

I have a couple of friends on the wait list as well. Additional shipments are arriving to our distribution channels on a regular basis. I haven't heard only 5 at a time though. Another option is to check the www.sprint.com/phones for product availability updates. When the device is available you can place your order directly online or call 1-800-SPRINT1.

Journeyman

Sure, place an order by phone.  At the rate they're coming in I could call, wade through voice prompts, get to a CSR, and by the time (s)he's done doing the paperwork the few phones that WERE available would be gone.  Sprint and HTC should have worked harder at getting more stock built up before releasing the Evo, even if it means delaying the launch a couple weeks.

Another issue is that the rebate offer will expire in July, and it may be until then before many of us can get our hands on a unit.  That will be a real let-down if I can't take advantage of the rebate simply because Sprint dropped the ball on having enough phones to meet the demand at launch.

Master

Where are you hearing the rebate will expire? It will still be available, If your are getting it from the rebate form, That is a standard expiration date and will change on/before that date, They do that in case any changes are made to the terms within that time period, But it hasn't in years so that is nothing to worry about.

Journeyman

Re: Annoyed!!! EVO Wait List

It would be awesome if Sprint had a notification system when they were back in stock on the website.

I'm currently on the wait list at the Sprint Store & Best Buy.

I keep checking the website as well, but that could be pretty hit or miss.  I got on the other day, it said they were in stock, I went to check out and it said they were out of stock again.  Highly ANNOYING!!

Journeyman

It would be nice to be able to place an order via store, phone, or web and have the phone direct shipped to you when available.  Sprint does a nice job of keeping people informed of rebate status (need for a rebate in the first place is questionable).  Not sure why something similar can't be done with any phone... it seems that this is a recurring problem that could benefit from further exploration and perhaps some explanation.  As it stands, pretty inefficient.  

Journeyman

I am on the wait list at three stores and have still not heard back from any of them.  I kept checking the website and noticed that Evos were available again (for a few hours) and I ordered 2 and they were delivered to me the next morning.

I would recommend to keep checking the Sprint online store, and as soon as they are available, order fast!!!  Sprint allows you to order them online only when they have them in stock, so when you see it available, go for it!

Journeyman

I got mine in 2 days.Ordered it on line.

Mike

Journeyman

I ordered mine online, when it was available for a few hours, on 6/12 and still got email saying they're backordered and will ship within 24 hours.  That was 3 days ago.

So ordering online when available is no sure shot to get the phone...

Journeyman

They were available again this morning on the sprint site & I ordered one.  I just got my shipping confirmation e-mail saying it was in KY on next day air delivery out to me here in CA.

It said out of stock at about 7 AM & then they were up at around 8.  I don't know when they ran out, but now it says they're out of stock again.

Journeyman

I ordered mine from sprint online store around the afternoon on june 13, they kept saying it would ship within 24 hours and I just now received notice that they are shipping it, so my guess is they just received a shipment sometime yesterday as vmi2002 ordered it yesterday and quickly got his shipped out.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat