cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed!!! EVO Wait List

Journeyman

Re: Annoyed!!! EVO Wait List

I feel your pain.

I called today to order one by phone and I was told they were out of stock until next week.

It was suggested that I try to call on Monday to order one.

Journeyman

Be patient and order it online it will be available on Monday June 21!!! I know exactly how you feel make sure you log onto sprint very early monday so you can get one I know i will log on right at 12 am and keep on checking until i see it's available. Hope I helped.

Journeyman

I would be glad to hold off, I got mine the day they came out and I'm not happy with it.  It's having a lot of issues right now, if you are lucky maybe some of the bugs will be worked out of the EVO's before yours arrives.

Journeyman

No problems with mine - posting from it now. Smiley Happy

Journeyman

So much for your theory.

Journeyman

Amen Scanlinjr!  I received my EVO the week it was launched and now it doesn't work at all!  The screen is blank so there is no way to perform a hard reset.  I've been on the phone with Order Support, Customer Service, Asurion and every store in town.  All agree that Sprint should (and will) replace my phone.  The problem is, Sprint is not willing to send a new phone when it's available. I'm being told to stalk the local stores and the online store in hopes there will be a supply in stock at that magical moment!!!

I am truly disappointed in the customer service I've received from Sprint.  I've been a loyal customer through all of their crappy reincarnations of the TREO, etc.  If this issue isn't resolved very quickly, I will become a new iPhone user.

Journeyman

HI, they are out of stock everywhere in my area.... no Sprint store has them, neither does best buy, nor anywhere online....  I got lucky last Saturday, found and bought one at Radio Shack.  You might want to check your local Radio Shacks as it seems not everyone knows they have them  OH, also... Radio Shack does not make you use the mail in rebate, they just give you it off the price of the phone instantly......

Master

JHawkin, Try this and see if it helps.

How to hard reset your EVO.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
   2. Hold the Volume Down button
   3. Press and release the Power button
   4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook,  Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
   5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume  Down button
   6. Press and release the Power button
   7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES  and Volume Down for NO

Journeyman

My sister & I ordered it the same day it came out (friday). We got it that Monday. Been loving it ever since. But then my sister lost hers & now has been waiting for a new one to be sent to her. And they are still out of stock! They called saying it is still on back order & will notify when it will be shipped. Sad day for her.

Journeyman

Well, if I'm not able to order it online by this weekend. Then come Monday, iPhone it is.

Journeyman

Levi4U,  thanks for the instructions.  Unfortunately, my screen is completely blank (black) so I can't see if a menu comes up or not.  Does anyone know if there's a way brighten the screen without going through menus?  I can see light flicker when I turn the phone on, so maybe it's been extremely dimmed?!

Master

Besides taking it into a dark closet to see if maybe you can seee something there is no way I can find, You may need to take it to a Sprint Service and Repair center to have it reflashed or replaced. Sorry, Good luck!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat