cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any update on HTC EVO 4G PEOPLE APP for sort by Lastname first???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any update on HTC EVO 4G PEOPLE APP for sort by Lastname first???

Hello,

I have searched the web far and wide and have found NO solution to the PEOPLE APP on my Sprint EVO 4G to sort last name first under my Google contacts. It appears that the Google CONTACT APP allows this???  Numerous questions:

1) Is this Sprint or HTC problem?

2) Is there a work around APP or a work around for the PEOPLE APP?

3) Just changing each contact to display last name first NEVER sticks for very long.  Did it two months ago and all my contacts are now sorted by first name again.......  COME ON!  This isn't professional!!!  This HAS to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!  Google has stopped losing and duplicating my contacts.  This seems to be the last problem to fix before the PEOPLE APP becomes professional!!

4) EVO contract just about up.  Can anyone say Windows mobile?  Don't want to because I have integrated my family with Google, but this is a number 1 on the to-do list to fix!!!!!

Any words on this item????

Thanks

Robert

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Any update on HTC EVO 4G PEOPLE APP for sort by Lastname first???

Robert, If I had to pick between htc and sprint I would say the issue is with htc since they are the makers of the phone and did not put an option in that app to filter or sort contacts. There is no work around that I am aware of though your more then welcome to search the market. Sorry for the inconvience.

~Christina aka lilgeekygirl~

Journeyman

Thank you Christina.  It's not your fault, so no need to apologize.  However then, my next question is who at HTC (and where) do I complain to about this??

Thanks

Robert

zdhgyetzjnyer,

You can contact HTC at (866) 449-8358 .

Thanks,

-Ron

Journeyman

I agree this is one of the most annoying dumb things about the HTC, I thought there was something missing; and I am sure that you researched the issue and I have to say I will not trust HTC again because of this. It sounds like a minor issue; but the product is a Phone First and foremost, and if it cant handle organising the contacts by the most basic  standards of last names then there is something wrong and stupid going on at HTC!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat