cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having issues with gingerbread and battery on EVO 4G

Patron

I just recieved the gingerbread update for my EVO early yesterday morning. I have a secondary battery ( my port is no longer useable...imagine that).  When my phone updated I had the secondary battery in and now when i switch to the original battery my customizations are not recognized.

EXAMPLE: I have the GO launcher EX.. works perfectly fine when the secondary battery is in, when the original battery is in it doesn't even show up.

This is the response that I just recieved from a sprint rep "supervisor" concerning the issue: "I have checked that this is the know issue with the Ginger Bread update. Sprint and Samsung working deligently to launch another Ginger Bread OS to fix this issue."

This response came after the rep told me that it was a battery configuration issue........

I am now bing told that I pretty much have to suck it up and deal with it until it get's released and all I hear is im sorry you are expierencing this... over and over again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

If possible I will attach the chat session to this later, once I actually get done chatting with these morons!

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES
Wizard

csultzer,

I'm sorry that you're having issues after updating the software. I could be over looking it or missing the listing for it, but I do not see any known issues related to what you're describing. To my knowledge I didn't know that the battery could have any direct effect on applications, even with the use of third party applications. I would probably suggest performing a hard reset on the phone to see if that resolves it. Be sure to back up your contacts or other personal information before performing the factory data reset.

GrandMaster

what does samsung have to do with it? that part lost me

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Have to agree... I have an Evo and use several different batteries (My wife and I have a total of 5) and my settings or information does not change between batteries.  I also haven't heard this happening with anyone elses phone, so I would venture to say this is some sort of strange corruption on the OS.  If you are ok with downloading your apps again, reconfiguring your settings and losing your call log/text message history, I would attempt to reset the device to see if the error clears.

I'm sure he just misspoke.

Journeyman

I notice that to but only my background changes to default sometimes when I change batteries not my settings, I did a factory reset and a hard reset and that didn't stop it

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!