cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems charging EVO?

Journeyman

So I am on my second evo since June and just had to order a third one.  My first one I had to replace through insurance in October due to the fact that my charging(USB) port actually came out of my phone.  Now I am having problems charging my phone AGAIN I took it to sprint and they said they couldnt fix it and I would have to get a replacement AGAIN.  Now I LOVE my EVO and other than this port issue have had no other issues with it but seriously its $100 each time i have to get a replacement so on top of the amount I paid for the phone I have put $200 in it just because of the charging port.  Although the guy at the sprint store was super nice I really dont see why I should have to keep paying $100 to replace a phone because of the same issue which I have nothing to do with, it is a physical defect.  Oh and on top of everything I filed my insurance claim yesterday and the phone is on back order so now i have to wait a week to even get my replacement, smh guess I will have to figure out some way to charge my battery for a week.  Love the EVO hate that I have to keep putting money into it because sprint cant fix their own defects.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/270848#270848

Since you have the Total Equipment Protection just go to a Sprint Service Center and they should be able to solder the port to the board in the phone.  As long as there is no abusive physical damage to the phone it is free of charge for that repair.

OR "FREE" replacement if needed.

instorerepair.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the same problem. I've also gone through 3 Evo's for the same exact reason, only my Sprint store didn't charge me the $100 because its still under warranty.  I'm about to get my 3rd Evo this weekend. I hate this problem and wish to heck they'd fix it, because I can't figure out how to back up my contacts, so that I don't lose them everytime.

Highlighted
Wizard

Levi4u is actually correct. I would make sure to go to a Corporate store though. These can be found by clicking the find a store link at the top of this page and then inputting your information. Make sure to mark the radio button beside the Service Center locations and when the page refreshes after submitting you will see Sprint Store (corporate) or Sprint Store by...(third party store where the ... is another company such as iWireless, CellWorld, etc.).

I personally like corporate stores because they seem to take better care of you and not beat around the bush so much. I had an issue with my BB Pearl charging port twice and they replaced the entire phone both times.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat