cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems with Yahoo mail?

Journeyman

I have had all my emails set up in the general email on the HTC since February.  This week (a few days after update) I realized I am no longer getting the Yahoo emails.  I deleted the account and re-set it up.  Now it shows absolutely no emails.  I have downloaded the Yahoo app, but I would prefer to have all my emails in just one place.

Anyone else have this problem?

65 REPLIES 65
GrandMaster

i read somewhere that its a known problem. only work around for right now is what you already did. downloading the yahoo mail app from the app market.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes I am having problems with yahoo mail as of 3 AM im this morningw as the last download of mail.  Nothing since.  I have taken the battery out, uninstalled yahoo mal and reinstalled. No mail at al now.  I have upfated my firmware and PRL.  Every since I got an update of the 3.2.3 (I think) version on the HTC my phone has been acting weird.  The next message notification stays on even after you have read the message.  In orfer to get it off I have to go into the message twice.  I called HTC last week and they had no clue.  He jsut told me to do a soft reset by taking the batter out and then said if that did not work call sprint.

Journeyman

Yes.....I have had issues for 3 days now.  Are they  working on fixing it or have we lost it forever?  I sure hope not because I like having all my accounts in one place.

GrandMaster

do you have the yahoo app from the market? i notice it takes a little while for the messages to finaly clear after viewing/deleting them for me. but aside from that i have no issues. im using the app from the app market though. matter oh fact the only emails i actually get in there aside from the random spam is alerts for this forum lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have issues with the camera sending pics to yahoo mail through yahoo mail.  They will not send to my regular email (cable provider) and they will take FOREVER (24-48 hours) to show up on my computer.  The email arrives, but the pic does not download.  I can download it from my ipad, and then in awhile it will show on my computer.  This last time I never did get them on my computer and when I downloaded to my ipad, although I could view it in email it would only save as a gray square on my ipad.  VERY frustrating.  Sprint says it is a setting on my email, but my husband can send pics and it does fine.  He has an epic.  ARG!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Anyone else having problems with Yahoo mail?

TRUMANMOM47,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Yahoo! email account, unfortunately there is a known issue where Android customers may experience intermittent blocking when accessing their Yahoo! mail via integrated email clients. These intermittent issues appear due to a configuration on the Yahoo! servers. We are aware of the issue and have made engineering resources available to Yahoo! to assist. At this time there is a few work around's you can try...

Try alternate email application for all of your email accounts such as K-9.

Try Using the dedicated Yahoo! email application.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Removed suggestion for Yahoo! plus mail service, several customers have stated this does not always resolve the issue.

Message was edited by: Shane_M

Master

This is just my opinion, but honestly the best solution is to get K-9 mail.  It supports every function of the default email application you are using as well as many  more features including a single inbox for all mail accounts.  Yahoo works perfectly, and you can sync your mail every 1 minute instead of the minimum of 5 minutes like the default HTC mail application.  (I know this will eat up your battery, but some people need their email instantly due to their work or whatever...)  You might give it a try and I hope that helps.

Journeyman

Thanks Shane for the update.  The forums on android have been flooded with this issue.  At least we know where the source of the problem lies with Sprint and not with Yahoo! "free" Mail. 

Journeyman

Yes, my yahoo mail stopped working right after my EVO updated to to 2.3.3 and has not worked since.  I hope they fix it soon.

Journeyman

I have Yahoo! Mail Plus and still have this problem.

Master

Sorry you are having a problem  we are working on a fix  as stated before the work around is to download  the yahoo email app from the market

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat