cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone receiving a force close error for android.process.acore after Android 2.2 install?

Journeyman

Anyone receiving a force close error for android.process.acore after Android 2.2 install?

I have been receiving the same error consistently for a force close because process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.  This has occurred after I installed Android 2.2 on HTC EVO 4 G.  Is anyone else getting this message?  It randomly appears so I'm not sure where it is coming from.

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Anyone receiving a force close error for android.process.acore after Android 2.2 install?

That would be the primary Android process. You should do a factory data reset. You may not experience any bad effects with that process quiting, but its probably not helping your phone. To do the reset, go to Settings>SD and Phone Storage and selecting factory data reset at the bottom. This will delete all you personal data, so make sure its synced or backed up. I recommend anyone doing the upgrade do the reset as it will help with overall performance and application compatibility.

Journeyman

Re: Anyone receiving a force close error for android.process.acore after Android 2.2 install?

I get  this error as well. And then my custom ringtones aren't consistently working either. I do a battery pull and then they work for awhile. If you find a fix please let me know. Factory reset doesn't fix my issues.

Message was edited by: jenifercal55

Journeyman

Im getting the exact same issue. It kept asking me to force close that process and I could not do anything else. Now it continually reboots at the yellow 4G screen. will not even start up.

Journeyman

Nope... I just updated to 2.2 last night and didn't have any issues afterwards.  Sorry that I can't help or add to the discussion but it's probably good to hear if people are or aren't experiencing the same thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Doing  another factory reset and not installing any 3rd party apps for a while should fix it. To do it, you need to go to Settings>SD card and Phone Storage>Factory Data Reset. Its either the software glitching after the update, which the factory reset should help, or an app isn't playing nice with your system. If a factory reset still doesn't work and it doesn't seem to be a third party app, you should take it to a Sprint store and ask them to use the RUU on it (Rom Update Utility) or you could run the RUU yourself (I used it to upgrade with no problems). Just search around for it. Note that the RUU is not sanctioned by Sprint if you do it yourself, and you could potentially brick your phone if you do something wrong.  Its best to let Sprint do it  for you unless you know what you are doing.

Journeyman

Oddly enough, I read somewhere about the problem being caused by the People contacts sync feature.  I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I did go into the Setttings - Accounts and Sync area and turned the background data and auto sync features on and off.  Once I did this, I haven't experienced the force closed error again.  Not sure if this will help anyone, but it worked for me.

Journeyman

Hello, just got my HTC EVO on 12/31/10 and I immediately noticed this problem the first day. I read up and followed the instructions to do a factory reset. Once that was done, I began adding all of my email account and syncing my data. Once that was done I started removing the widgets that I didn't want and I got that message again. Anyone know of any other fixes for this?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.