cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone receiving multiple copies of same text messages on HTC Evo?

Patron

Anyone receiving multiple copies of same text messages on HTC Evo?

I have been getting at least two copies of the same text messages on my HTC Evo for a few weeks now and it's starting to drive me crazy. It's basically only doing it for a few people, but at times I get up to four copies of a message. Usually it's one after another but at times they are spaced a few minutes apart, but are timestamped at the same time. I have been switching between different messaging apps (chompsms and Handcent) and both it does this on both apps. Anyone else have this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Anyone receiving multiple copies of same text messages on HTC Evo?

I'll bet that all your messaging apps are set to retrieve messages and notify you. Either uninstall some or setthem not to notify youor retrieve messages automatically -- all but the one you want to use, of course.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i get 2 text messages because i have the handascent text app installed, so i get 1 regular text and 1 app text. prolly uninstalling the default text msg app that comes with the phone would stop the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure you can uninstall the default message app, but try this:

Open the default message app and disable incoming notifications in Menu\Settings.

I'll try it to and confirm if it works, since I have Handcent and get duplicates too.

UPDATE:  I just got an SMS, and only the Handcent notification came through!  Cool!

Message was edited by: MichaelReiser

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat