cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Screen on HTC EVO

Journeyman

Blank Screen on HTC EVO

Hi all,

All of a sudden, I am getting a blank screen on my HTC EVO. I know the phone is working, I am getting signals that texts are coming through, etc.

I was just using it a little while ago, and it was fine.
What might be the problem?

Thanks!

Jim

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Blank Screen on HTC EVO

I would like for you to do a reset using the hard keys as I ‘am hoping this will take care of the current impacts. Before doing so, I suggest completing a back up if needed, as that the reset will erase all information.

The steps as needed are:

1.      1.  Pull the battery.

2.      2.  Re-insert the battery without powering the phone on.

3.      3.  Select volume down and power at the same time until the boot screen loads.

4.      4. Select factory reset and select using power button.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

GrandMaster

start with just pulling the battery and power cycling the phone first before jumping feet first into losing all your info with the factory reset...the FR should be your last resort.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank for the replies, guys. I tried and didn't work.

Brought to Sprint repair center - the screen was kaput. Was replaced and works fine now.

Thanks, again!

Jim

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that was my next guess..im actually surprised they replaced out the screen though..the last time i had mine replaced on the same exact phone was probably 2ish years ago...currently the phone was dropped and the screen exploded..so im upgraded to the new HTC One..but i DO want to get a new screen for it for travel movies time for the kids lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

JimboBentz,

This is great news! Thank you for reaching out to us on Sprint Community, if you need additional assistance let us know.  If we do not hear back in 48hrs we will consider the case resolved.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat