cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser plays LOW Quality YouTube videos ONLY

Highlighted
Journeyman

Browser plays LOW Quality YouTube videos ONLY

when i click on a youtube video that is on a website, the "htc flash player" automatically starts playing the video in low choppy quality. If anyone knows how to force the native browser on the EVO to play the youtube links with the youtube app or at least let me choose which app opens the link, please reply.

i already checked and the "htc flash player" does not have the option to clear defaults.

thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Browser plays LOW Quality YouTube videos ONLY

Try using a different browser.  I use Dolphin Browser HD.  When you select an imbedded youtube video from a website, you get a pop-up that you lets you choose which app to use to watch the video:  HTC Flash Player or YouTube or any other flash app you have on your Evo.

By choosing the YouTube app, you then can choose between regular or HQ.

Journeyman

thanks ccerose for the info but i want that choice on the native browser, i have tried dolphin, skyfire and opera and i dont like them as much as the native browser.

Journeyman

You can copy and paste the URL into the search bar of the YouTube app.

Journeyman

i have already tried that and it doesnt work

Journeyman

It should work. Mine does it just fine. You need to remove any other tags such as embed tags from the url first.

Journeyman

tried it and it doesnt work, the htc flash player automatically plays the video every time and it doesnt give me a choice to open the video with the youtube app....so far the solution is to use dolphin browser for looking at sites with youtube videos (annoying)

Journeyman

You have to hold the link, copy the address or URL and then paste that into the search bar of the youtube app, removing and excess tags like embed, etc. When you hit search, if done correctly, you will have 1 result with the same video.

Journeyman

holy crap...that worked...who knew all i had to do is press and old on the play button of the video, copy the link, paste on to the youtube app search box, remove the "vnd.youtube:" from the front and the youtube app would understand that jiberrish afterward..

i had tried that but without removing the "vnd.youtube"....@theindiearmy, thank you very much for this work around....this will save me from opening dolphin broswer every time....

this is a great work around for now, but if sprint and htc are reading this, please just make a choice box when i click on the youtube video to open with the youtube app, just like the EVO already ask for so many other things.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat