cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Sync errors with Exchange 2010

Journeyman

Calendar Sync errors with Exchange 2010

I have seen a couple rumblings about this being an Android 2.1 issue, however, I do want to see if anyone else is having this problem.  I have a shiny new evo.  I use a hosted exchange 2010 service.  Everything sets up fine and both email and contacts work fine.  However, I keep getting sync errors with the calendar.  Unfortunately, I don't see any other real errors or anything I can go forward with and troubleshoot.  Does anyone else have this problem or better yet, a solution?

72 REPLIES 72
Journeyman

Re: Calendar Sync errors with Exchange 2010

Bump.

I'm very interested in hearing from new EVO owners on how well Exchange works for email, contacts, calendars, etc.  It may take a few days to get some solid feedback but I'm keeping an eye on this thread and hope to hear some stories.

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem but with Exchange 2007.  Got a brand new Evo today.  Set it up to synch with Exchange - contacts and email are synching properly.  Calendar just tries and tries and the errors out.  Has anybody gotten the calendar to synch with Exchange on an Evo?  Also, my Moto Droid had a "Corporate Calendar" on it...I don't see that on the Evo...is that not a standard part of the Android OS?

Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  It will sync the contacts and email, but not the calendar. I called Sprint (they were very nice) and they duplicated the problem on an EVO phone.  SHe transferred me to HTC.. i thought she would stay on the phone and did not.  At first the HTC rep said i needed Touchdown, but upon pushing further she realized I did not and checked with her Sups.

They said they were not getting other reports of that, and it was probably my hosting company for Exchange.  I called them, and they said it was too early to be sure what was going on, but she did a Google search and found other people having the same problem which means it is a device or software on the device issue.

Not sure when HTC or Sprint will acknowlege the problem is there, but hopefully soon.  Calendar is very important to me, and if it does not work... then the phone will need to go back.

Other than that, I am very happy in the 1st few hours.

Any ideas anyone.... Sprint? HTC?... I hope you are reading these.

Journeyman

I didn't get any kind of errors with the calendar sync, but I do have a problem.  My company uses Exchange 2010.  My Calendar did add any existing calendar items from my exchange to my phone, but when I go to create a new event on my evo it doesn't give me the options of making it an Exchange event, and therefore doesn't sync with my computer at home, iPad, etc.  I can't find any answers anywhere yet...

Journeyman

I thought that I was the only one that this was happening to, also because it keeps trying to sync the calendar, I belive that it is draining the battery, when will this be fixed, also my Bluetooth does not work corectly it switched back and forth from the BT headset to the phone????

Journeyman

The Evo, well... Android OS currently doesn't fully support Outlook/Exchange 2010.  Exchange/Office 2010 has really only been released to the Public in final version within the past 2 weeks.  I would give it a few weeks, and I expect Android support for Exchange/Outlook 2010.

Journeyman

While I agree this is probably an android problem, i can't agree with the reason above for the delay.  I don't believe this is an outlook 2010 issue, this is an issue syncing with exchange.  We have reports in this thread of issues with both exchange 2007 and 2010. Exchange 2010 has been out for about 6 months and 2007 for several years.

However, from a customer standpoint, I purchased the item as sold by Sprint.  My expectation is that if something is obviously broken, and we know they have the source code (open source), they should be able to push a patch to resolve the issue.

Journeyman

Confirming the same exact issues on my EVO.  Calendar sync with our corporate Exchange 2010 frontend is constantly failing...had to sneak in a 'Cancel Sync' several times in order to try to disable the calendar sync portion and have the phone stop connecting.

Also new calendar entries and 'accepted' meeting invites will show up on the calendar...but nothing else.  Then if you delete and recreate the Exchange account, the accepted meeting calendar events will disappear from the phone never to be seen again.  Cool wipe feature

Hope to HTC or Sprint promptly has a fix.  It's a corporate phone killer (in the bad sense).

Journeyman

I am also having Evo Calendar Issues with Exchange.

People are right that Android bare bones doesn't support Calendar Exchange by itself but HTC's and Sprint's Add-ons do enable this. My coworker has the Hero running Android 2.1 with the Sense UI and his is working fine syncing with the calendar so that rules out it being an Exchange issue. Has anyone gotten Exchange's calendar syncing correctly with the Evo? I don't want to purchase Moxier when my phone is supposed to do it but I might be forced to if there is no fix ASAP.

Journeyman

I swapped from a HERO 2.1 handset for the EVO...and the Hero's exchange activesync was functioning fine with the same corporate Exchange infrastructure.

If anyone's EVO is working against an Exchange 2010 for calendar syncing please let me know which version of Sprint firmware build number you're running (Settings\About Phone\Software Info\).  Some of our other EVO's appear to be working but they are running different firmware...don't ask :-)

Journeyman

I know you wanted builds that ARE working, but I thought it might also be helpful to list the builds that are not working.

My is not working:

Firmware version: 2.1-update1

Build Version: 1.32.651.6 CL171253 release-keys

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat