cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camcorder not working after 2.2 update...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Camcorder not working after 2.2 update...

Camcorder not working after 2.2 update and AFTER the factory reset didn't fix.  Try this before your factory reset and after if it didn't work.

I recently updated my EVO and when I did I tried to use my camcorder at a baseball game.  My phone pretty much locked up in camcorder mode. It would go black and I would have to lock the phone and unlock it, hit the home key to get out.  But after that the phone was laggy, took it forever to go between cards on the home screen.  Talked to sprint and they only had 1 fix which was do a factory reset on the phone.  That failed and I still had the same issue.  Phone would lock up when trying to record a video. Had to pull battery out and reset phone.  I contacted HTC and they had no answer for it on how to fix it.

However, I have the fix for it.  (Try this before your factory reset - Sprint said factory reset worked for some people but not all)

1) Restart your phone

2) Delete all your videos on your SD Card (This sucks, I am sorry but you can copy them to your PC)

3) Hit the home key (if your not on the home screen already)

4) Hit the ^ key on your phone to pull all your apps

5) Scroll down to your voice recorder and access that app

6) Hit the record button and record something it can be anything

7) After recording stop and delete the voice recording

8) Go to your camcorder

9) Record your video and it will work

It works.  It sounds stupid but thats what you have to do.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Camcorder not working after 2.2 update...

THIS WORKS!!!

I just did these steps and now my HTC EVO 4G can record videos.

All I did was transfer the videos from my DCIM/100MEDIA folder to my laptop.

Thanks for finding this fix!

Journeyman

This works great and fixed the issue thanks! Camcorder is back to normal now, does not hang, and does not lock up the phone. I did not have to factory reset the phone, just had to follow your instructions, thank you.

Journeyman

Hi again, I had this problem a while back and all I did was voice record something and then delete and it worked.  Now three weeks later it's happening again!  Only now I completely followed the steps and nothing seems to get my camera/video to work.  Also I uninstalled Qik or tried to and it still says it's installed yet it cant locate it.  I have taken battery out also and nothing! Can someone help?

Journeyman

Works now. Thanks

Journeyman

I had the same problem. So I went to sprint store and they did a facory reset and it was a pain to get my phone back to how it was.  On top of that the next day my camera stoped working again.  So I tried these steps and it worked for me.  I wish the sprint store did this from the beginning.  Thanks alot for the post  !!!!!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat