cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade to EVO on Everything Plus Family 1600 Employee Referral Plan?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I upgrade to EVO on Everything Plus Family 1600 Employee Referral Plan?

Our 3-line family is on the Everything Plus Employee Referral Plan. I am well past my 2-years on my current HTC Mogul. I want to upgrade to the EVO. Our local Sprint store reps say they don't have "the codes" needed to let me get an EVO and upgrade my phone. Anybody else having this problem? Does anybody know when I will be able to upgrade? Better yet - can anybody tell me the codes the reps need (in case they are simply not informed yet), and I can then get on a wait-list at the store for the EVO? TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Can I upgrade to EVO on Everything Plus Family 1600 Employee Referral Plan?

I have the same plan, my upgrade at BestBuy was smooth. They did not even call to have it done

The rep can always call CS to have it resolved.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizard

I have the same plan, my upgrade at BestBuy was smooth. They did not even call to have it done

The rep can always call CS to have it resolved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a family plan with 1500 minutes and unlimited everything else and was able to upgrade 1 of the phones to the Evo 4G without any problems.  It must just be the rep you are talking to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks you for your time to reply M.Marcus, Just to be sure we are clear on the most important point - you have one of the Employee Referal plans, and you were able to upgrade your phone at Best Buy to an EVO? You didn't add new service or add a new line - just a straight upgrade on an ER plan?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks you for your time to reply ,Lothian119, Just to be sure we are clear on the most important point - you have one of the Employee Referal plans, and you were able to upgrade your phone to an EVO? You didn't add new service or add a new line - just a straight upgrade on an ER plan?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, it is not a ER plan, sorry.  It is just the Family Everything Plan with 1500 minutes.  I do have discounts on the plan for banking at my credit union but not an Employee Referral plan.

I found this in another post but I doubt they would even mention the ER plans since I don't see them listed anywhere else on the site:

http://shop.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/evo_plan_details.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

My situation is similar to yours. I have several lines on the Everything Plus Family 1600 Employee Referral Plan with the primary line well past the two year upgrade mark.

To answer your question:  It is possible to upgrade to the EVO.

I pre-ordered through Radio Shack and was able to pick up my EVO on launch day.

HOWEVER, it was not a smooth process.

Of course, their system was bogged down due to the pure volume of activations that morning - so even the best case scenario was going to be rough.

The system being bogged down was only part of what caused the Six Hour delay in getting my device activated.

When the manager got to the point where he looked up my account, he received an error that due to the account type, the transaction could not be processed via their "SNAP" system and he was prompted to contact customer services.

Since I could not just stand there the entire six hours, I am not sure what had to be done ultimately; however, it *is* possible to upgrade to EVO on the Employee Referral Plan.

NOTE: I had previously been advised by actual Sprint Corporate Stores that they could not help me with this or that in the past; however, the last time I contacted Customer Support about an issue, I was advised that even though there is a code on the account and they are handled differently - that all Corporate Stores are able to and should provide support and services as if it were any other plan.  I was also advised to take down contact details if any Corporate store refused to help in the future.  (Fortunately, I haven't had any other problems with upgrades, etc from Corporate Stores since then; but, it's good to know that they are 'suppose' to work with us regardless of the fact we are on an Employee Referral Plan.)

Hope this helps!

Message was edited by: lisaselk2000 - corrected a typo 😉

Highlighted
Wizard

whertzing56 wrote:

Thanks you for your time to reply M.Marcus, Just to be sure we are clear on the most important point - you have one of the Employee Referal plans, and you were able to upgrade your phone at Best Buy to an EVO? You didn't add new service or add a new line - just a straight upgrade on an ER plan?

Thanks!

Yes, I have an EPRP with 4 lines. I got the EVO for the line that is (over)due for upgrade

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you! Our local Best Buy is on "First come, first served", so I will be there Monday afternoon when they get a shpment, and I hope my upgrade goes a smoothly as yours!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you have to pay extra fees for the phone? I am changing to Sprint and not because of the Evo. I am getting the 1500 Family plan, and I want to know if there are "hidden" fees to have the EVO on that plan.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see that you are an expert, I want to know if you add the EVO to a new 1500 family plan unlimited, would you get "hidden" fees for having the evo?

Highlighted
Master

Sprint does not have "hidden" fees. But there is a $10 Premium Data add on(p\m) required to activate an EVO.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat