cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate HTV EVO 4G on the Sprint network, help please?

Journeyman

Can't activate HTV EVO 4G on the Sprint network, help please?

I'm trying to activate a BYOD as a replacement for my mom's phone.  We went through the online portal as well as customer service over the phone and were unable to complete the activation.  I was told that the phone had been registered to a different carrier?  It is most definitely a Sprint phone, so I'm wondering how it can be registered to a different carrier?  Is there any way to reset the phone to be compatible with Sprint again?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Can't activate HTV EVO 4G on the Sprint network, help please?

SebitheMonk,

It can be register to a different carrier regarding the cellular service. The phone can be a Sprint phone but has another carrier's service on it. Where did you get the phone from?

Sophia

Social Care Team
Journeyman

Well I figure that the phone is in fact a Sprint phone with a different carrier's service.  That means that it was rooted/unlocked at some point, wouldn't it?  If that's the case, what would I need to do to be able to put the phone back on Sprint's service?  Would I need to root it/unlock it as well?  Is there a way to reverse the rooting that was already done to switch to a different carrier?  I just want to know how to make it compatible with Sprint again.  I bought the phone from a friend who upgraded and didn't need the phone anymore.

Master

SebitheMonk,

Thanks for getting back with me. I understand your concerns. Yes, you are correct. The phone was unlocked to another carrier. Whoever unlocked the phone will have to fix it. That is a way to get the phone compatible to our service.

Sophia

Social Care Team
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat