cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive phone calls or text messages on my EVO

Journeyman

Can't receive phone calls or text messages on my EVO

Hello all. Just activated my first Sprint phone today, after being screwed over the final time by Verizon over the past few years. I got my HTC Evo activated today, and after bringing it home, I can't seem to receive any phone calls or text messages. Took it back to the store, where he took it back to the back and said it had something to do with a faulty tower, and a bad chip or something in my area. That didn't answer my question as to why I can make calls and send messages, but can't get them. When people call me, it says something about the area code being changed or not having service or something, and when they text me, it says that they're texting a land-line. Spent a while on the phone with a Sprint tech, who told me that all the towers in my area were absolutely fine, and he even changed my phone number, and still couldn't resolve it. Sent a ticket to someone else, they called me, and they STILL couldn't get it resolved. This is really giving me a bad first impression of Sprint, and I was simply hoping maybe someone here might have any advice or solutions. Thanks for any help; sorry for the novel, lol.

8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Can't receive phone calls or text messages on my EVO

Probably a stupid question, but did you try to do PRL update on the phone, maybe a reset of it?

It's possible you got a bad phone...not likely but I'm sure it happens unfortunately.

Journeyman

I clicked update and it did something, but it still doesn't resolve my problem. How would I go about doing a reset of it? I also downloaded the OTA update for Froyo, if that's any help.

Journeyman

did u get your issue resolved? because i think i might be having the same situation right now. i can make calls but not receive.

Journeyman

Having an issue kinda like this too. Please post answer. I can call out, text, use internet on WiFi and 3g/4g, but I can't receive any calls. It said that code I have dialed is incorrect or something. I do have Google voice. But that goes straight to voice mail set up through Google voice. Recently had a call with customer service just before this happened. And they may have blocked something. I was getting scam messages that was charging me $10 a month.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Run, don't walk away from Sprint as quickly as possible.  Their customer service sucks and they've been disconnecting me continually for the last 6 weeks, because of a charge that I never incurred.  I have been with US Cellular and AT&T, but Sprint's the worst ever!  I'm ready to get a track phone!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Those kind of messages definitely come from the network (our side) -- not your phone at all.

Have you tried recieving a call in a differnet area - different city -- different state?

If it works someplace else, then you've confirmed it is not your phone or account.

The best method to get this sorted is to call  / email / chat (repeatedly) and have them get the network team to check this out.

http://sprint.com/contactus

Thanks, and good luck!

Journeyman

I posted earlier. Called Sprint again. Got a pretty rude lady that did try a couple things. But just before she was going to do a hard reset on my phone. She asked if I could try the unfoward code. It turns out my phone was forwarded for some reason.

Journeyman

I called support and they told me to dial ##3282# and they reset the profile.. now everything works fine.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.