cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive picture text

Journeyman

Can't send or receive picture text

Hi I am having problems sending or receiving picture texts on my Evo. Never had any issues until a few days ago. I don't know what is different. I am using the stock text messaging app. When ever I receive a picture text all is says is that it is downloading and then nothing. About 15-20 minutes later I get an error message generic network failure. Same thing happens when I send a pic. It says after multiple attempts you message could not be sent. It is doesn't matter the carrier. My wife is Sprint I have friends on both Verizon and AT&T and it is all the same I have tried sending something to all of them. Is there a permanent fix that does not require factory reset? I don't want to lose everything. Thanks in advance.

26 REPLIES
Master

Re: Can't send or receive picture text

Sorry for the inconvenience.  Make sure Wi-Fi  is off and update the profile and power cycle the phone. Try to send picture/s. Let me know.

Abe

Journeyman

I have tried it with wifi off with wifi on. 4G and 3G. I have updated profiler, firmware PRL, I have tried turning it off taking out the battery all of the above. Not sure why this is happening. It worked fine until about Friday. Then it stopped. I even went in and cleared out the data from as many apps as I could to see if maybe one of them had something in it. I know that one was a long shot but I was trying everything.

Master

Is your data in general working properly on your phone?

Journeyman

yes from what I can tell. I can send regular text messages with no problems. I can get on-line web browse get on any apps I have. Watch netflix. I can do everything else except picture text. Wifi works and 4g where available works as well. I can't explain it. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just as a follow up I can send pictures via email but not in text. Still cannot find the problem.

Master

Can you change the picture settings(Resolution and Quality). Put resolution to 3M and Quality to Fine and take a picture and then send a picture text. Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

GrandMaster

send the picture text to yourself. that way you know for sure it didnt work and didnt just get delayed somehow to another person.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I to am having this problem and Sprint sent me an email telling me to update my profile and I have done that at least 5 times and still nothing everytime I send a mms with my EVO a code 9000 pops up and says I have restricted acess to this function on this phone.  Then when I update my profile it sends a text that says //voice check and I have no clue what that means.

I wonder if you have picture mail blocked on your account? Can you send me a private message and once I get your message, I will reply back to get more information from you.

Thanks,

Ray

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.