cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use bluetooth in car

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the last update for the EVO both mine and my husbands phone will not work in our 2011 Kia's.  It says we are connected, however we can only receive calls, can't make any calls.  When we press the button to call out the display on the radio shows phonebook downloading.  Nothing happens.  Now this system worked fine for both of us up until the last update.  Is anyone else experiencing this and what can I do to fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
GrandMaster

which update? the last maintenance release or the actual update to gingerbread?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Re: Can't use bluetooth in car

I want to make sure that you've the latest software version on the phone which is 4.53.651.1 and Bluetooth stability improvements was one of the fixes.Also, want to know what is your Car Model?

Master

Re: Can't use bluetooth in car

Please visit this site for more info on your Kia Blutooth Pairing.http://www.kia.com/content/media/en/featureguides/kia_bluetooth_pg_consumer.pdf.Refer page number  13 for placing calls  with  name and phone number.Here is the link for Kia AUDIO/Bluetooth® PhoneCompatibilityIhttp://www.kia.com/content/media/en/featureguides/kia_audio-nav_compatibility.pdf.

Hope this helps

Abe

Wizard

You have to "Decline" the phonebook access when your phone asks you.  Then you can make and receive calls, but obviously your Kia won't have access to the phone book, so you will have to enter the phonenumber on your phone to dial.  You have to DECLINE the access everytime you pair your phone with the car, the "always remember" setting doesn't work.  You can't avoid this until Sprint fixes their errors.

[to get that opporunity back, you have to unpair and forget the phone from your car and the car from your phone]

Clearly abe2020 hasn't read a single other thread on his company's forum in this section - just search for "bluetooth access evo" and they come right up.  It has nothing to do with the Kia model, its a BUG that Sprint has yet to fix.  This is a known IRRITANT / BUG since the 2.3.3 update (the first one) and persists with the latest update as well.

Journeyman

I honestly don't know which update created the issue.  I didn't realize there was a problem until I tried to dial out last week when I needed directions.  Up until then I had only been receiving calls, which is no problem.

Journeyman

My car is kia sorento 2011 and my husbands is kia sportage 2011.  I am pretty sure all of the updates are current.

Journeyman

I will look at this see if there is a resolution.  Thank you

Journeyman

Well, I hope they fix it soon.  I will try what you said and see if that works.  Thank you

GrandMaster

the latest maintenance update should have fixed some of these issues. but if its still not working the only solution until the fix comes out is what mmark said.

to figure out what update you have go into settings-about phone-software information. your software number should be 4.53.651.1. that is the latest update out. if its not that then go do the same thing and instead of chosing about phone go into system updates and chose HTC software update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I checked and I do have the correct up to date software.  Thanks for the guidance in figuring that out. 

GrandMaster

no worries. thats what the forums are for

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat