cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot download photo's..get "Generic Network Failure" message...PLEASE HELP

Journeyman

Can anyone help me with this? I have been trying to download a pic and I am forever getting a message of "not downloaded, and Generic Network Faliure." Is there anything I can do?

12 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Cannot download photo's..get "Generic Network Failure" message...PLEASE HELP

Make sure your WIFI is turned off then try downloading the picture again.  If that does not work then try turning your phone off and remove the battery for about a minute.  If still not working after removing the battery then call into customer care at 18882114727 from a different phone and chose the option for technical support so we can assist you further.

Message was edited by: drms2be

Journeyman

Re: Cannot download photo's..get "Generic Network Failure" message...PLEASE HELP

I have tried all of the above, except for taking it to Sprint Tech Support. The pic was sent from another EVO, so I'm not sure why this is happening. I can send pics fine, but cannot download. Could it be something wrong with the senders settings?

Journeyman

No it would not be the senders settings its something on your device.  We may just need to walk you through resetting the data service on the phone. 

Journeyman

I only have access to one phone, that being my cell phone. I do not have a LAN line. I am not able to call Sprint on another phone, so could I call sprint and ask them to reset the data service on my phone, or could you do it? I would welcome a phone call, if possible.

Journeyman

You would have to be off your phone and be able to type codes into the phone that we give you.  You can send me a private message with your phone number and I can then send the steps to you.  If that does not work for you then we would have to have you take it into a service and repair center. 

Journeyman

I had to turn off 4G to be able to send and receive pictures on my EVO.  I kept getting the Generic Network Failure message also.  Try that and see if it works for you.

Journeyman

After searching... found following... app by curvefish fixed my phone...

http://androidforums.com/incredible-support-troubleshooting/73550-incredible-apn-quick-settings-bug-...

Journeyman

I had this same problem with my htc EVO shift I fixed it by going in to messages, click menu, settings,multimedia messages (MMS) connection settings. settings should be

name: anything you want it to be

MMSC: http://mms.sprintpcs.com (this is for sprint yours may differ)

MMS proxy: no setting

MMS port: no setting

MMS protocol: wap 2.0

if MMS proxy & MMS port have anything in them,click on them & delete the info in both fields this should cause both fields to read no setting. Now hit the back button and enter back into multimedia messages (MMS) and make sure it saved it as no setting if so then exit out to main screen and the restart your phone. it took me 3 weeks to figure this out. what is happening is the phone when on wifi uses these setting to connect to the server when not in wifi the phone uses 3g well the settings don't reset to no setting and the phone trys to use both settings and faults out Generic Network Faliure. anyways hope this helps.

Journeyman

I was having the same problem like everyone else, but I use handcent for my default to send and receive messages. So, what I did was go into the handcent app, then setting, selected application settings, then default messaging application,  and selected All(SMS&MMS) and my picture message that my friend has sent me pushed through and downloaded without a problem....I've even sent a text that turned to MMS and also sent myself a picture to see if it would download and "bang" it all came through without a proble....So those of you using handcent, some how that setting gotten change, check it out and see if that will fix it for ya...

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.