cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Connection - Interface??

Journeyman

Computer Connection - Interface??

Does anyone know the in's and out's of exactly how the EVO will interface with computers?? I am (was) an iphone user and the interface was as simple as mating up with itunes and it did the rest... I am now considering this HTC EVO but I can't find any great detail as to how it will upload/download to and from a computer or exactly what format videos it can play and store (e.g. I keep cartoons on my iphone for my kids to watch say in a restaurant. They are uploaded via itunes and played via the ipod feature)... I am confident it can do everything the iphone can do (and more) but I'd like to "know" before entering into a 2 year contract... The audio I am sure is at least mp3 capable but I know nothing of the onboard player??

If anyone knows, I'd also like to find out how it interfaces contacts, photos and whatever else it should??

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Computer Connection - Interface??

The best program i know of to do this is Doubletwist.  (Doubletwist.com). It mirrors Itunes pretty well. But your files cant be drm protected files. those will not be able to play on android.

Journeyman

So Sprint/HTC does not have the ability to transfer files to and from via a USB cable?? Not sure what DRM protected files are but was hoping I held and played something common like MPEG 4, etc... At that basic a level, just trying to figure how I would be able to hold and play all forms of media... Being able to swap multiple SD cards on the fly would allow me to run all my videos on one, songs on another, pics on another, etc... Unfortunately, I know nothing about these HTC phones and/or Sprint...

Journeyman

Double Twist does use usb to tranfer from computer to the sd card in the phone. DRM is Digital Rights Media. Itunes used drm on all itunes purchased music untill 1/09. Itunes downloads after that are unprotected.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can also attatch the phone to a computer using usb and use it just like a memory card reader. Just drag and drop what files you want to. Double twist just automates the procedure.

Journeyman

What format will the HTC EVO play videos in and on what player??

Journeyman

Media types--http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

try this article.  it has a lot of good basics info.     http://www.androidcentral.com/android-and-videos-how-get-started

Message was edited by: 2Hammy

Journeyman

That info is what I was looking for... Thx!!