cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to computer with usb not working...

Journeyman

I tried to plug in my phone to transfer music to my computer and I am getting a message that it's not a recognized device... I have removed the battery for 10 minutes to see if that would work and it came up with the same result. Lastly, I tried a different machine(PS3) and it comes out unrecognized there as well. Also tried an MP3 player in the computer which works fine. All which tells me something wrong with the phone. Any suggestions?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Journeyman

when you plug device into pc with usb cable in your notifications screen should give you option to charge only or put in disk drive mode...you will need to put device into disk drive mode to allow pc to recognize device and transfer files...if not giving options in notification screen when you plug usb cable in go to menu and settings on phone then go to connect to pc ...from here check your default connection type to see if on charge only and try changing it to disk drive and also make sure box is checked to ask me each time you plug cable in ...hope this helps

GrandMaster

Re: Connecting to computer with usb not working...

is there a update/program for the htc that has to be downloaded to the computer before it will work? I have heard that. just never really researched it to find out

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: Connecting to computer with usb not working...

The problem is that the computer/ps3 is saying that the device has malfunctioned and I need to un-plug and re-plug it in or replace the device. I have never had the problem in the past and there has been no trauma to the phone to cause it. The phone does as it should and asks me what I would like to do(Charge, Sync, Disk drive, or USB teathering).

As for the update, I checked all four updates and nothing was available.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat