Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to pc

Journeyman

Connecting to pc

Hi,

I want to trasfer pictures and such out of my phone and onto a hard drive but when i connect to pc, I can't find it on my computer. I have already tried to turn phone on/off and removed sd card and reinserted. Also, I have my phone set to default to connect as disk drive but still not luck. What can I do to fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Go to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging Make sure it us unchecked

Then go back and plug your phone into PC and it should give you a notification with 4 choices: charge only, HTC sync, disk drive, USB tethering.  Choose USB drive and done.  It should recognize on your PC and install the drivers and create a removable disc

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Tried it but nothing. I didn't get asked to change the connection type on the phone or get any kind of pop up on the computer recognizing that I plugged the phone in.

Master

What operating system is your PC?

Are you using the HTC cable?

Does the device charge while connected?

If you go to Menu>>Settings>>Connect to PC>> Do yiou have a check mark in Ask me

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Windows 7 is my op

yes I am using and HTC cable

Yes my devise charges

and yes I have the ask me checked marked

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat