cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant restart cycling

Journeyman

Constant restart cycling

I was froze in an application. Normally I take the battery out, place it back and restart the phone. Today, I did the same and now my phone is stuck in restart cycling hell, without ever actually booting the phone completely up. HELP!

25 REPLIES 25
Wizard

Re: Constant restart cycling

TerriBarkley,

Thanks for reaching out. I can understand this is very frustrating. Have you tried removing the battery again?

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi Terri,

I'm having the same problem did you find a fix at all?

GrandMaster

there are a couple things that could cause it..

1-internal memory being used up..im not talking about the memory for videos and pics..im talking about the memory that allows you to have multiple things running at once..if you have multiple apps battling for more room to work then you can have the boot loop start up

2-software- for this you can start with removing your battery for a few minutes..hold down the power button for about 10 seconds..then put the battery back in and power it up..if that does not help then you might be in for a factory reset..this should be your last resort.

3-a recently added or updated app...doesnt happen often but HAS been the cause here and there..to see if this might be the issue you can boot your phone up into safe mode..this will disable all your 3rd party apps and only allow the stock apps to run..if it still happens then its the phone...if it doesnt happen then its probably due to a app going bonkers...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Hooliedu,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Sorry for the delay. Are you still having this problem with your device? If so, what device are you using? Please let us know. We are here to help!

Jacque
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi,

The phone was really stuck in that constant restart, it would not do anything else! I tried to find info on how to do a reset other than just taking out the battery but couldn't find anything online.  I finally took the phone into the Sprint store and the girl did a reset. Factory, I believe, lost a lot of information but not everything. Very disgruntled about the whole thing.

Master

Hooliedu, 

I apologize, before doing a factory reset it's always recommended to back your info up to avoid losing your stored data.  Was your issue resolved after the reset? 

Dania
Social Care

Journeyman

The phone is now functioning and accessible. It isn't functioning optimally and has some interesting glitches.

Maybe it's time for an upgrade. 

Master

Hooliedu,

Thanks for replying. I am sorry that you're reporting your device is not functioning optimally. I understand you may be ready for an upgrade. Are you upgrade eligible? To check, simply text the word "Upgrade" to 1311. To view our current lineup of device, please visit www.sprint.com/phones.

Thank You,

DePaul W.
Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

I am having this same problem as of today on my Galaxy S3...wont boot up past sprint splash screen...no idea why...battery is fine and tried removing it and restarting. Im Not pleasd with sprint or this phone right now!!

Daniel

Journeyman

Yes I'm eligible for an upgrade.

There is a way to restart the HTC Evo and not have it in that cycle. I looked for information online on a way to do this hard reset but couldn't find it.  Then you can go in and do the factory reset of you need to.

When I went into the Sprint store, the representative, had done that hard reset and the phone running in minutes. The thing is, I had to go into the store when it was a simple, quick thing to do if I'd known how.

Journeyman

I am having this same issue, again.  I have the HTC EVO 4G, and it locked up in the messaging app.  I rebooted it by holding the power button, and when it came back up, it gets as far as the sprint splash screen, and then reboots.  It does this ad infinitem.  I have tried removing and replacing the battery and then powering up. I have tried removing the battery for a few minutes, pressing the power button for ten seconds, then replacing the battery and powering up.  I have tried removing the battery and the SD card, replacing the battery and powering up.  It continues to infinitely reboot.  I had this happen before and had to take it into the sprint store, and they were somehow able to do a factory reset and lose all my data. I don't know how they reset it, but would like to know and get this resolved.  From this forum I can tell I'm not the only victim, and this issue remains unresolved!  I would call customer "care", BUT MY PHONE ISN'T WORKING!  Hey sprint, when are you going to resolve this, and do more than ask the same questions over again or suggest people upgrade and get hooked into another contract?  Oh, and before you say it, yet again, YES, it IS frustrating!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat