cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant restart cycling

Journeyman

Re: Constant restart cycling

How do I boot my HTC EVO 4G up into safe mode?

GrandMaster

yank your battery..put battery back in..hold the volume down button and while youre doing that start your phone back up..it should kick you into a different menu...the option should be in there..this is for the original evo correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, it is, and that did the trick, thank you!  Now I have to download my apps and add my logins, but at least I will be able to, thanks to you.  You seem too helpful and responsive to work for sprint; you must be a freelance hero.  Cheers.

GrandMaster

just been in these forums for quite a while and know that the customers are a bit overwhelming to the number of techs in here..safe mode shuts down all of your 3rd party apps..so if the phone works fine on safe mode but not when safe mode is off then the issue is being caused by one of the 3rd party apps..if it still messes up while in safe mode then its something with the phone itself..this is one way to rule things out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

i just re read what you posted. did you do a reset on the phone and that is why you have to redownload all your apps and log back into everything?

Master

Kenesbitt0,

I'm sorry for the delayed response but I'm glad to see that your issue has been resolved.

Thank you,

*Paida.

Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem on my Original HTC Evo 4G.  I started getting  the message, "the application HTC Sense(process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."  Touching the "Force Close" button does nothing, just an endless loop.  Also occasionally get "Sorry, com.android.phone has stopped working" after an update.  I have tried:

- Taking the battery out - anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours - and after removing the battery holding the power button down for 10 or so seconds.

- wipe data/factory settings

- Wiping the Cache

- Wiping the Dalvik cache

I went to the HTC site which was useless.

None of this has stopped the com.htc.launcher looping at startup.

Cannot access the Home, Phone, search keys.  I had read that by accessing search during the loop, one could then access HTC Sense and wipe that cache to fix the problem.  The phone worked fine up until now.

Does anyone have specific suggestions knowing that the phone is in a constant loop cycle and that there is no access to any of the keys.

Thanks in advance.

Master

Hooliedu,

Thank you for your posts on this thread regarding the cycling issue that you had been experiencing with your HTC EVO.  We wanted to follow up and see if you were still experiencing any glitches with that device or if you had upgraded in the meantime.  Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns since the time of your last post?  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

DJBP,

I want to follow up with you in regards to the cycle rebooting on your S3. Are you still having this issue? Please let us know we are here to assist you.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I recently activated a pre-owned EVO 4G and it almost immediately started the random reboot issue. I wiped the SD card , did a system restore several times and it still would randomly reboot, several times a day and at time several times an hour. Even tried with no apps downloaded either.

'I got so frustrated that I went back to my old phone.

I would think by now HTC would have some sort of fix for this issue , since it has been years that the problem has been reported.

Master

datatechnician

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your EVO 4G. Since you've already done basic troubleshooting, I recommend that you take it out to our nearest Sprint repair store for a full diagnostic. Please locate your closest store at www.sprint.com/store.

Chris
Sprint Social Care Team
GrandMaster

since the phone is technically new to you have you done a FR on the phone itself? since you dont have any apps on it it shouldnt be to bad of a ordeal to deal with

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat