cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant restart cycling

Journeyman

Re: Constant restart cycling

dmking1999 wrote:

I'm having a similar problem on my Original HTC Evo 4G.  I started getting  the message, "the application HTC Sense(process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."  Touching the "Force Close" button does nothing, just an endless loop.  Also occasionally get "Sorry, com.android.phone has stopped working" after an update.  I have tried:

- Taking the battery out - anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours - and after removing the battery holding the power button down for 10 or so seconds.

- wipe data/factory settings

- Wiping the Cache

- Wiping the Dalvik cache

I went to the HTC site which was useless.

None of this has stopped the com.htc.launcher looping at startup.

Cannot access the Home, Phone, search keys.  I had read that by accessing search during the loop, one could then access HTC Sense and wipe that cache to fix the problem.  The phone worked fine up until now.

Does anyone have specific suggestions knowing that the phone is in a constant loop cycle and that there is no access to any of the keys.

Thanks in advance.

Whoa dude! Is your phone having some kind of ram processing error or not getting enough ram for your system? I'm pretty sure it's both... Or a corruption of your internal storage...

Message was Updated.

Journeyman

Re: Constant restart cycling

It could also be a cause by "Auto-run apps" taking up your ram.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat