Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not activate my EVO 4g after htc repaired it

Journeyman

Could not activate my EVO 4g after htc repaired it

Ok, fellow community friends, this is what happened.  I sent my EVO 4g in to HTC for repair of the charging port that stopped working and the headset jack that just never worked.  I mailed this out on May 26, 2011 and was really happy when I received an email from HTC stating repairs were done and my EVO was on it's way back to me.  I picked up my phone from Fedex on May 31 and headed straight for Sprint to re-activiate my phone.  Sprint rep tried twice, she tried three times to activate my phone and told me that their system was not picking up the codes in the phone and therefore the system would not allow for activiation.

I immediately phoned HTC the next morning (Wed. June 1) and was told that the motherboard had been "replaced" and they needed the HEX and DEC code numbers on the back and that they had input into their system that this is and escalated case and it would be done right away.  I supplied those and HTC stated that it would take two to three days.  Ok, on Friday the 3rd of June I called HTC and was told they would get those codes in and put my case as an escalated case.  "WHAT? I was told that on Wednesday and you all still have not even input the codes?"    She stated that this was only the second day and I would need to call Sprint to find out if it had been done.  Ok, on Sat. June 4, I called Sprint and of course they could not activate or even find the codes I had provided to HTC to input into Sprint's system.  The rep from Sprint called HTC and what do you know?  HTC had still not done their part!  After the one hour on the phone, the Sprint rep said that she got HTC to input the codes and that it would actually take 10-15 DAYS for the Sprint system to pick up and acknowledge the codes and that  HTC should never have told me that it would be 3-4 days.

So here I am with a phone that was "repaired" yet I cannot even activate it in order to find out if the necessary repairs were actually done. (checked charging port and yes, it read it)  Yes, I have thought about the fact that they may indeed have just switched my EVO for another refurbed one, which the thought of makes me angry.  I do not want someone elses problem phone!  I want my phone, my phone I know exactly what it has NOT BEEN THROUGH! My phone has never been dropped, has never been scratched.  I bought an otter box for that baby as soon as possible!   I will never know if  this was my EVO I received back and I have yet until the 19th of June at the latest to be able to re-activate it.

Has anyone else ever gone through this bull..... as well?  Am I alone in this dilemma?

If I am still not able to re-activate my EVO, you better damn well expect someone will be hearing from this customer!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat