cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple issues with 2.2 update, notification sound, random music...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Couple issues with 2.2 update, notification sound, random music...

Woohoo, first post! Tossing out a couple things that I've had happen since my 2.2 update yesterday.

1)  The phone defaulted to a really weird (kinda creepy) notification sound for incoming text messages. It was a long song that is not a selectable option. I went to, Messages> Menu> Settings> Notification sound> and nothing on the list shown was selected. No little green dot telling me which sound the phone is using. I selected my old tone from the list and everything is golden.

2)  At 4:45am (this morning) my phone just randomly started playing the song that was up next on my music player, which happen to be Ride the Lightning by Metallica. I couldn't get it to stop playing until I opened my music player and paused it, which took me a while to figure out considering I was woken up at 4:45AM TO RIDE THE LIGHTNING! My phone had no new notifications or missed calls, nothing that I could see to trigger a sound of any type.

Am I totally alone here, or has anyone run into anything like this yet? Please say I'm not crazy.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Couple issues with 2.2 update, notification sound, random music...

OK.... I am a little worried here. My EVO is rooted and I still have not been able to recieve an update. Does anyone know if the update should be avaliable to everyone or is it going out to certain batches of people at a time with no option to download. I read conflicting info online and I am a little worried that my rooting might have caused this? any info here????

Journeyman

As I understand you will not get OTA updates when you root your phone.

Journeyman

I am getting this today after installing a new SD card in my EVO post-2.2 upgrade. The upgrade itself doesn't appear to have caused it. But it is happening all of the time now with this new SanDisk 32 GB SD card.

It isn't playing the song on my music player, but instead just the same song every time that it appears to have randomly selected from my library.

I didn't use the phone to format the SD card, so maybe that is the issue?

I've tried setting the notification sound repeatedly but it just does not keep. I've found that it is related to the Gmail app only. It only happens when I get a notification of a new email. But having it play an entire song every time is very annoying.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat