ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default IM client for HTC Evo, is there one?

Highlighted

Default IM client for HTC Evo, is there one?

I have had the Evo for about 4 days now, and for the life of me can't find an IM client installed other than the Google Talk one.  Is there a default client for MSN, Yahoo, and AIM?  I had the HTC MyTouch 3G on T-Mobile before this, and it had a default client that was pretty decent.  I've looked at clients, and there are a couple, but they all look fairly cheesy: Meebo, Nimbuzz, HI MSN, Mundu, IM+, etc.

9 REPLIES 9
Patron

Re: Default IM client for HTC Evo, is there one?

I was wondering the same thing. My Moment had an IM client. I didn't use it very often but it was nice to have it.

Patron

There is a default messaging service for the EVO that is Sprint Based that I use but if you are interested in AOL IM I saw a free one called "Hi AIM" that looked pretty good - it allows you to choose a theme for your messaging widget.  I don't know if standard AOL IM does that - I don't use that service.  Anyway - its free, so worth trying.  Good luck.

Thanks for choosing Sprint!

Patron

What is the default messaging program called? On the Moment it was (I think) Instant Messaging. I have not yet found such a program on my EVO.

Here is what I got from the rep at Sprint:

Dear Kyle,

Thank you for your reply.

In the regards to the IM application for the EVO, as of now there are no
plans in adding any additional IM applications in the next software
update. However, that could change in the future. Unfortunately, the
only way to get any additional IM applications for your EVO is through
the Market. I did find individual services for messengers such as MyMSN
Messenger or one application called eBuddy Messenger which allows you to
chat from MSN, Facebook, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, GTalk, Hyves and MySpace
accounts. At this time, this would be the only would you could chat from
those particular service if you did not want to use the default IM
service that came with the EVO.

You would not be able to download and install any previous versions of
the IM application that came with the older Android software.

If you have any further questions, please call us back at 1-877-544-4076
Option 4, or respond to this email with the best time we can contact you
to discuss this matter.  Our hours of operation are Monday through
Saturday 9am to 8pm EST.  We appreciate your business with Sprint.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Betsey S.
Sprint

Patron

this is funny but it doesn't have a name that I can see, checked properties as well on it.  It's just an envelope and says messaging - it synched with my outlook contacts when I set up email service.  Mine was on the homedeck.

Patron

I haven't heard of one either - but that's just on the loaded homedeck.  There are lots of free ones you can download in the Market App.

Journeyman

the best 2 i found on market are eBuddy and Fring, they integrate just about all the IM services into 1

Journeyman

I highly recommend Kik (download from the Android Market). I've recently upgraded to the EVO from a Blackberry and needed a client with as much functionality as Blackberry Messenger. Kik is definitely the top of the heap as far as mulit-platform IM clients goes.

Journeyman

hi this problem we have had all android phone users not to have to find it a good messenger like msn that have thrown the market an android version for the U.S. .. it is rumored that they are already working on a version of windows live messenger for android but still do not know when it came to us .. remediation utilized in China are already the new version of windows live messenger which is called android (MSN 3G) is a super version "for 3 weeks i was looking for information on the website of Chinese msn .. until you download and install the new windows live messenger for mobile robots and funsiona great on my htc evo .. you can change the photo file to send all good .. like you're in the pc .. is in Chinese but is not difficult to find their roles and enjoy them while we get the Spanish version that is rumored is in the process ..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat