cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Company Name vs. Person

Highlighted
Journeyman

Displaying Company Name vs. Person

How can I get the Evo to use a contacts company name as the primary displayed name such as under "People" as I have both personal contacts and business contacts. Ideally it would be nice if you can specifically choose what the display name will be for each and every contact.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wizard

I assume this would work the same on the EVO as on my Moment.  Contacts are sorted first name, last name.  You could, for example, use the first name field for the company name, such as "Sprint", and put the person's name in the last name field either as "Smith, John" or "John Smith".  Contacts would then sort all of the "Sprint" contacts together, then alphabetically by whatever you put into the last name field.  The search function will still find a contact by the individual's name.  This obviously requires some set up time, but allows you to specify the display name for each and every contact, as you requested.  You could probably use a colon, hyphen, or other punctuation mark after the company name to clarify the display.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat