cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a Class 6 32GB Micro SD card exist?

Go to solution
Highlighted

Does a Class 6 32GB Micro SD card exist?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a CLASS 6  32GB Micro SD card, or is 16GB the biggest Class 6 card? In either case where is the best place to get one (online or otherwise)?

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Re: Does a Class 6 32GB Micro SD card exist?

I have only seen class 2

Journeyman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have only seen one legitimate manufacturer offer a 32GB micro SD card. The only card offered is manufactured by SanDisk.  It is here: link removed

Any other supposed 32GB cards have all turned out to be fakes made in China that are not actually 32GB.

If someone finds another manufacturer, let us know.

Oh, and BTW, SanDisk just introduced the card last week or so. Personally, I would wait a bit before buying just introduced memory. It always goes down in price in about six months or so. But if you have $90 + to spend, go for it.

There is an interesting article about the card here: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/03/32gb-microsd-card/

It notes that the you might want to be careful with it because as it’s worth about 11 times its weight in gold. (Or at least 5 times the value at street prices.)

Message was edited by: dbkerr - Because Amazon link was wrong item. (There actually is no 32GB cards available outside of SanDisk direct.)

Journeyman

you link was for a sdhc card... one that you would use in a camcorder. what you need for your phone is a microsdhc card. you can buy it right from sandisk here:

http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile-memory-products/sandisk-microsdhc

$200 for that little thing is pretty steep for me thou

Journeyman

Oops. I wasn't paying attention when I searched. That also means that the 32GB card simply isn't available at retail yet. (Unless you get it from SanDisk directly.)  I took the bad link out.

So I guess the actual price is still 11 times the price of gold by weight! Also, in noting that the price from SanDisk is $200.00, the 16GB card has a street price of around $30. Here: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-Memory-SDSDQ-016G-Packaging/dp/B001L1H0SC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

That means that you could buy at least six 16GB cards for one 32B card. That makes the 32GB card at SanDisk an obscene price to many people.

Journeyman

around december a standard 32gb sdhc was about $200 and now they're about half that. give it a few months and wait for the price for the micro will come down too. I'd still be leary of an 80% discount on the 16gb now in the link you had. even if it is amazon

So it's sounding like a big NO for the Class 6  32gb, so I think I will go for the 16gb. Does anyone know where the cheapest ones are, or what price should be considered "a good deal"? I want to avoid paying retail at a store, but I don't want to get ripped off with a piece of cr@p either.

Journeyman

...anyone know what is the class of the 8GB microSD card that comes with the EVO?

Evo comes with a Class 2 8GB micro sd

Journeyman

I dont know why everyone so worried about the class of the micro sd card the performance diffrences are not noticeable.

Journeyman

i was a radio shack today and they had a 16 gig card for 60 bucks... cheapest you gonna find at a retailer

Go big or go home, right? I figure if i'm going to sink $200 bucks initially and then 80 more dollars of my hard earned money every month into this thing, i'm going to get the best possible experience out of it that i can.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat