cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a fix for this update problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone have a fix for this update problem?

Updated the Evo to 1.47.651.1. Six hours later, it pushed another update and bricked the phone. I bought my phone at Best Buy. I called Sprint and got no help because I bought it at Best Buy. Best Buy has none in stock. Best Buy and Sprint both say it will be weeks before I can get a replacement anywhere. Has anyone had ANY success with Sprint? By the way, I won't be able to get to a Best Buy for at least a week, which will be after my 30 day warranty is up. Am I paying for my monthly insurance with Sprint for nothing? Will I be without a phone for at least a week because of Sprint/HTC error with no help what-so-ever?

Thanks,

JD

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Does anyone have a fix for this update problem?

Unfortunately its a terrible situation to be in.  I have not had the brick problems others seem to have, though I only installed my update once.  If you bought it at best buy they will exchange your phone for you.  Supposedly with best buys warranty program, they give you a loaner phone while yours is being worked on.  I would confirm that with best buy, but, if this is within 30 days I would opt in for that program, get it fixed through them (its 10 dollars) take the loaner phone, and once its fixed go ahead and cancel the service.. At least they'll service your phone and give you something while you wait.  (check on that to be sure though)

Otherwise I don't know what else to tell you, but the only thing I can think of is throwing more money at the problem temporarily to fix it.  You can hop on craigslist and put up an add to buy a used sprint phone for 20 bucks or something and keep it on hand while you wait.  Its just a messed up situation and I wish there was something more that could be done either then find a way around it, or wait.

Journeyman

Re: Does anyone have a fix for this update problem?

There's no way to make it to a Best Buy before my warranty is up. It looks like I just picked a horrible service and will need to find something better. I would much rather stay with Sprint. Unfortunately, if my choice is spend more money or be with out a phone for a few weeks, I am done.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat