cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading 2.2 now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Downloading 2.2 now.

A day early, even.  Thanks, Sprint, for doing this one right.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

How did you download? A notice from Sprint?  OR?????

I downloaded the one from HTC this weekend and it works great, but am anxious to get the official one ASAP, but when I go to Software Updates....nothing ready for me.

Highlighted
Master

The one release earlier this weekend was not the final release and was pulled after the accidental release. HTC is working on an update for those who applied that early upgrade to ensure they end up on the same version as the just launched official MR.

HTC's Twitter Account:

If you applied the unofficial EVO update, we are working to get you back on the official track. We will get back to you in the coming days

http://twitter.com/htc/status/20159898673

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just went to System Updates under Settings and selected Check Now and got the message that the update was available for download.  It downloaded without any problems.  I just checked for the update a couple of hours ago and it wasn't there.  So they must have put it out there pretty recently.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am downloading it also.  They probably put it up early as a last test for those of us who are check frequently before it is publicly unleashed to the masses.  They would want to catch any trouble on a smaller scale before tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Sprint and HTC. It downloaded perfectly. Really seems to take advantage of that 1Ghz Snapdragon. The Flashplayer is assume! I have got so much Froyo I am getting a brain freeze.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you found any problems? I just installed 2.2 about an hour ago - internet seems to freeze up once in awhile. I tried some gaming sites to checkout how well Flash works but that's when I noticed It freeziing up. Anybody else find  any bugs?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I successfully updated 2 of my 3 HTC EVO 4G with 2.2 and they are running great.  I didn't wait for the phone to notify me, but went to the Software Update section and kept checking till it appeared, which was right around midnight Central Time (in Chicago).  Thus far 2.2 is working great on these two smart phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't received any notification yet.  I went under settings, system updates, firmware update and says nothing there.  Am I missing something?

Highlighted
Master

It is under HTC software update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, thanks.  I saw that but was I was being cautious as it said "HTC Software Update" with no mention of Sprint (saw some earlier threads about bad "HTC" releases so I wanted to make sure I did it right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it in Seattle , WA Too all Installed  Working Great

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat