cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR CODE 67 ... It started today ... no Phone Service ... but I do have Wifi

Highlighted
Journeyman

ERROR CODE 67 ... It started today ... no Phone Service ... but I do have Wifi

I don't know what happened but today it started.... I'm getting no phone service... I tried reseting... tried updating the PRL ... I tried a hard reset ....Nothing!!!

I can't send messages nor make phone calls.  I do have Wireless connection to my router.   I never really mess with my phone.

I checked online to see what I can do.....but the only thing I read is maybe something is corrupted...and MSL code or something?

Is there some simple fix I can enter or do?

Thanks a bunch for any help!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

Re: ERROR CODE 67 ... It started today ... no Phone Service ... but I do have Wifi

Have you tried doing a profile update    Error 67 is telling us the information the phone used to verify to the network is incorrect.  What happens when you try to make a voice call?   Do you get an error message?   If a profile update does not work you need to call customer service from a separate device.     Have you tried calling Sprint by dialing *2 from the phone.  It will make that call  with out even being activate on the service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: ERROR CODE 67 ... It started today ... no Phone Service ... but I do have Wifi

Thanks.....yep...I tried the profile update no success....Error Code 67 comes up

If I call one of my friends...I get the Sprint Customer service recording.

My sprint phone is my only means of phone service...I have no separate phone to call from....sorry.

AnythingI can do from your support online?

Highlighted

When you dial *2 and you get the customer service recording, can you stay on the line and follow the prompts and get to a customer service representative? If so the cust omer service will be able to pull up your account and see what is going on.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Ray....I jsut called *2 and not great help on the phone call side...they say I need to go to a store or call from another phone so they can "walk me through" the steps.

Now... I think I'm pretty saavy tech wise...even though I work in the medical field.....I think I could follow some steps they can tell me or email me online I can enter into the phone....I did it when I switched the phone in the first place....I think I can do it again without harming the phone.

Otherwise....it looks like I won't have phone service until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest when I get out of work and am able to go to a sprint store. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be  honest i would just locate a sprint corporate repair store and have them take a look at it. odds are theyre going to have you do a FR (factory reset) on it anyways..one of the techs in here can give you a quick run down on how to do that. just understand that you will lose ALL your saved information from your phone. before hand make sure all your contacts are saved to your google account and not just to your phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

SONICPUSH wrote:

Thanks Ray....I jsut called *2 and not great help on the phone call side...they say I need to go to a store or call from another phone so they can "walk me through" the steps.

Now... I think I'm pretty saavy tech wise...even though I work in the medical field.....I think I could follow some steps they can tell me or email me online I can enter into the phone....I did it when I switched the phone in the first place....I think I can do it again without harming the phone.

Otherwise....it looks like I won't have phone service until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest when I get out of work and am able to go to a sprint store.

It's not a matter of how tech-savvy you are, or following directions. It is about them having to do things on the network side that require the phone to be off and the battery out of the phone when they do it, then when you turn it back on what the phone does as the network pushes come through to it. That can't be triaged and diagnosed easily over multiple phone calls with multiple reps and departments.

Your best bet would probably be to take it into a service and repair store and have the technicians take a look at the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

the battery out of the phone when they do it

Hope you don't have this problem on an EVO LTE then.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

SEANBLADER wrote:

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

the battery out of the phone when they do it

Hope you don't have this problem on an EVO LTE then.

thats why they have the simulated battery pull by holding the power button for about 10 seconds..doesnt work QUITE as well as the actual battery pull..but it does work for the majority of issues they run in to

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat