cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G Gingerbread internal memory

Journeyman

After installing the Gingerbread update to my EVO 4G I keep getting messages that I am low on internal storage.  I don't have an unusual number of apps installed and have since uninstalled those that I don't use much, but still get the message.  I didn't get this notice before GB.  Anyone else have that issue and know of a fix?

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Journeyman

My internal memory dropped in half.  I am wondering why.

Master

Neither of you posted how much internal storage your device shows.  Mine shows 230MB - please post and I will monitor your reply

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

I have 392 MB used, 32 Available

Wizard

I'm not sure why you are seeing this. I have total: 427.6mb, Free: 182.6mb. Are you using Apps2SD? If not that would account for the low internal memory. And I have Gingerbread 2.3 installed.

GrandMaster

agreed. move everything that you can to your sd card. messangers etc. games especially

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

According to the "Manage Applications" section in settings:

Internal Storage:  386 MB used, 42 MB free

According to the app "Android System Info":

Internal Memory:  427.62 MB Max, 40.87 MB Free (9%)

I've got the damned "low memory" warning now.  It pops up whenever internal free memory drops below 10% (by the app's math).  Meaning I have to keep about 43 MB freed up at all times.  Prior to the update, the threshold was around 20 MB.

I've moved everything possible to SD (at least, those apps that suppor it), and that's no longer the point.  The point is that something changed and I have to dump things because of an upgrade, and quite a few things at that.

GrandMaster

question. what all running apps do you have going currently? same area as manage apps under settings.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have gone through three or four rounds of deleting apps and now have 377MB used and 51 MB free.  I tried Apps2SD and it found two apps I missed, but that didn't gain me much.  I got the low storage message again today and had to dump more apps.  I may have seen the low storage message three times over the previous year before GB.  It would be nice to jettison some of the bloatware like Blockbuster, Nova, and Qik which I won't use which would gain me another 10MB.  It would also be nice if more programs ran from the SD.  I've got plenty of space there.

Journeyman

Nothing out of the ordinary, but my problem is I went from a stable 2.2 system to a 2.3 "dump apps ... dump apps ... dump apps" system.

I can pull the list if you want.

GrandMaster

Re: EVO 4G Gingerbread internal memory

to be honest i think you might have to do a reset on your phone. i have a ton of apps and my internal memory is now better than before. TONS of apps. all together internal memory is a lil over 400mb now.

with everything i have im using roughly about half that currently.

try a restart on the phone which is in the area of the power off and airplane mode. then go back in and see what your internal memory is. dont know if it might help but its worth a shot before resetting it right?

Sprint Employee

Re: EVO 4G Gingerbread internal memory

you may also consider clearing the cache in some apps that are memory hogs, like browser, facebook, large sized games from settings>applications>manage applications before you consider a factory reset.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat