cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G charger port

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO 4G charger port

I have started something at change.org to try to help all of us that have fallen victim to the charger port problem. Hoping enough people will sign it and make a difference. I personally refuse to pay for another one thats going to do the same exact thing.  http://www.change.org/petitions/sprint-recall-htc-4g-evo-or-replace-the-defective-ones-free-of-charg...

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: EVO 4G charger port

Momof2girls82,

Have you spoken to anyone at HTC in regards to the warranty?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes they said that they would probably have my phone for a month and I have 2 small kids and no other phone that option does not work for me.So you are saying you would rather just shove the problem off to other people than you guys handle the problem. You chose to put your name on their phone now you should stand by it and admit it was a mistake to and fix the messed up ones.

Highlighted
Wizard

Momof2girls82,

Nope, I'm pretty sure that's not what I said. But for the sake of clarification, I asked if you spoke to HTC in regards to a device in which they created/manufactured and if they would honor a warranty on their product. If its a manufacturer defect, HTC is liable to replace it. But if you have TEP insurance you can take it into one of our Sprint retail locations with a Service and Repair to fix or replace the device. Do you have TEP?

Now in regards to what HTC told you, they might keep the phone for a time,but if you have another phone to swap into while they deal with their equipment defect,this would be an option while you wait. You stated you don't have another phone, why would you not have a  house phone especially if you have two small children? There is not one cell phone provider to date that can guarantee 100% service 100% of the time. What happens if there is a power outage in your area? The cell tower will go down without power and a land line is self powered.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if sprint DID do anything to these phones it would end up being replaced. you guys stopped replacing out things like this a long while ago.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Fireguy_6364,

If its an issue that is causing a ton of customers to bring the phone in for replacements or fix, we as a company would have to make a business decision to hold the manufacturer responsible for a defective device. Kind of a recall situation. We can keep using our stock to replace a device that the manufacturer failed to produce correctly.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it was a smaller amount of phones that had that soldering deffect..not to mention this phone was EOL quite a while ago..i DID however notice that the repair stores are starting to be limited on what they can actually repair and not repair anymore..if im remembering right screens were one of the ones they can no longer replace..not sure what all other things are on the "cant touch" now though

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

depending on how long you have actually had the phone it might still fall under the 1 year manufacturer warranty...if this is the case you might be able to get a replacement through sprint themselves instead of having to ship it in. as capt pointed out TEP is going to be a big one here.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

downside to this is that that plug in area is actually considered a wear item..meaning it takes wear and tear...usually those are only covered for so long.

Highlighted
Wizard

fireguy_6364

Yeah, screens now have to go to Assurion insurance. File a claim and they replace the device. I feel the phone are getting more and more complex and the cost of a screen is getting more and more expensive.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you would figure like any other repair type facility that they would just kick you guys into repair training on that particular phone and whalla..you guys are back in business with the repairs..as is you guys are almost to the point of no longer being able to do any actual repairs..im a repair tech for industrial equipment..anything new comes out im automatically trained on it so im up to speed and qualified to actually touch that machine...not sure the route theyre going with you guys now though lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im not pretty sure that they said they would have it for a month I am 100% sure they said it. They also told my mom the same thing when she called in about it also. If I had another phone to use I would be using it already. I have been to the repair place 3 times no help any of the times and the closest "Sprint" store is about an hour drive in the direction I never go. You as a company do know that alot of people have taken their phones in. Just reading the forums tells you that. And yes I do carry TEP but Im not going through insurance to get the same crappy phone that is going to do that same thing (where is the logic in that?) Ive never had an issue with my screen only the charger port. This is also the 2nd Evo Ive had with the same exact problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat