cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G erased all of my text msgs ??!!

Journeyman

EVO 4G erased all of my text msgs ??!!

I've had my EVO 4G since it's first day available on June 4, 2010, but last Friday it deleted ALL my my text messages/threads!!?  I have no idea when or why it happened exactly.  Don't remember doing anything differently regarding APPS, maybe an update, but not sure.  Does anyone have any advice about this or experienced it themselves?  Thanks in advance!  Nicki

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: EVO 4G erased all of my text msgs ??!!

We don't have any known issues or discussions related to this issue. Make sure your software is current by going to home - menu - settings - system updates - update firmware. Your software should be at  HTC - EVO 4G (A9292) - Software Version : 3.70.651.1.  You can check this by going to home - menu - settings - about.

Journeyman

Hi there -- don't know if you received my message earlier today via email, but unfortunately, your suggestions are NOT related to my phone's problem and I have other friends who have experienced it, receiving no help or solution from Sprint.  Thanks for your attempt though!

Journeyman

Yes, this just happened to me. I might have had 1,000's of messages, had the phone since early August.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then that's probably why the phone erased them

Go to Messages->Settings and turn on the auto-delete function.  The phone will automatically delete old messages according to the parameters that you set.

Master

Sorry to hear this is  happening - I would suggest one of the backup apps in the market to protect your saved sms's.  I use SMS BACKUP AND RESTORE and have it scheduled to run automatically - It creates a backup file folder on my sd card automatically.  I apologize for the issue and this doesn't explain or fix it but it is a future solution.  Hope this helps!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat