cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G will not charge

Journeyman

EVO 4G will not charge

My EVO 4G will not take a charge. has anybody else had this problem?  it was chanrging, and then all of a sudden it just stopped.  It is not the charger, i tried someone else's too.

20 REPLIES 20
GrandMaster

EVO 4G will not charge

when you plug in the charger does the LED light turn on at all or nothing? did the battery fully die before you started charging it again?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

EVO 4G will not charge

the led on the phone does not turn on at all.  The charger which has a light as well, is on when i plug the charger in, but it turns off when i connect it to the phone.  My phone still has 50% batterry life.

Master

EVO 4G will not charge

At this point you need to take it to a service and repair store to have the device checked.   May have problem  with battery or the charging port

GrandMaster

EVO 4G will not charge

if the light on the charger actually turns off when the phone is plugged in wouldnt that mean short somewhere? never really heard of a LED on a charger turning off and on since theres  usually just a fuse in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

EVO 4G will not charge

yeah its weird, nut it truns off on both of my chargers. i am taking it in today iguess. im guessing its the charging port

GrandMaster

EVO 4G will not charge

wouldnt be the first time i have heard of the charging port coming loose inside. if you have TEP then youre set.  before this happened did you happen to notice that it would only charge if the charging cable cable was turned a certain way to make contact inside the port?

Journeyman

EVO 4G will not charge

prior to this, i had no issues with the charge. i just plugged it in and it was good

Journeyman

EVO 4G will not charge

what is TEP?

GrandMaster

EVO 4G will not charge

Total Equipment Protection. the $7 or whatever it is insurance that is available.

the only time i have had issues with the charger is with aftermarket chargers. the one that came with the phone has always worked great. i just got yet another car charger from a sprint store just over a month ago and now it will barely charge my phone. the ones that are carried in most sprint stores are aftermarket.

Journeyman

EVO 4G will not charge

someone stole the one that came with the phone, and both after market ones are horrible.  But i tried someone elses too(the good one that comes with the phone) and it still didnt work.  Do you know where i can get another good one?

GrandMaster

EVO 4G will not charge

one of the guys that usually posts in here purchased one from i believe amazon for a pretty decent price. cant remember if it was m_marcus, phefner79 or someone else that talked about it a while back . you might even try just going to the HTC site. sprints site i think only has the cable itself and not the actual plug in. they have a nice USB plug in car charger i was thinking about getting so i can use the factory charging cable and also charge my sons MP3 player while were traveling. havent gotten around to it quite yet.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat