cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G will not open pic files in text, or from Gmail

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been able to in the past from any and all carriers and other users.   This weekend it would no longer open a picture sent from text from multiple others.  

Today I was sent a contact card from a family member on Sprint and on my plan, and it would not open/download.

It sits a while, then states download error.  

Anyone with thoughts or ideas on how to resolve.    No new apps loaded in a while....

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

BARTHO327,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues, since this weekend have you tried sending yourself a picture to see if you could open it? Have you went through any troubleshooting yet such as power cycling or taking the battery out?

Journeyman

Re: EVO 4G will not open pic files in text, or from Gmail

I'm having the same problem. I cannot send or receive picture mail. I have taken out the battery, let it stay out for a solid 20 min. before rebooting. I updated my profile and PRL and I cleared the data. Absolutely none of the above has fixed this issue. I send and receive picture texts daily, so I would really love to have this running again! I have sent myself a photo and it did not go through. I keep getting "generic network failure". This happened to me one other time before, I called Sprint and was told to hard reset my phone. I won't do that again, because I honestly feel that was just the easy way out. There has to be some way to fix it.

I also noticed there is nothing set under any of the connection settings. Should there be something there?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me!

Message was edited by: Byrne1011

GrandMaster

are either of you able to use the browser on the phone? and if so is it really slow? like WAY slower than normal slow? running 3G,4G or wifi when this happens?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I can. I usually use WiFi, which is nice and quick. 3G however is just frustrating and I don't even have 4G in my area.

Journeyman

Shane_M, I am having the same issue with downloading and sending images via text as Barth0327 mentioned.  My question is.  Does Spring limit data at a certain point within your billing cycle based on how much data is used within that cycle?  I had this same issue with my Pre and it seemed after a certain point (a couple of days) the issue would resolve itself.  No rebooting/takeing battary out and putting back in would solve it. 

Could you please provide me more information regarding this matter.

Thnx

Master

the answer to your question

My question is.  Does Spring limit data at a certain point within your billing cycle based on how much data is used within that cycle?

Sprint does not limit the amount of data you can send .   With picturemail there is a  limit to the size of individual files.  that can be sent thru the picturemail or by mms. 

Are you getting an error message when you send a message or when you receive one?   How long has this problem been going on?  Is the picture leaving your device  but not arriving at the recipient?

Journeyman

@14KNIGHT I am having the same problem. I can not send picture messages, I get "generic network failure" error message, the picture never leaves my device, and when I received a picture message from my husbands evo it will say downloading but will never download. I have been having this problem since the begining of the month, 8/1/11. My husband has the same phone and we are on the same account, why is my phone the only one with issues?

Master

each phone is a seperate device.  The first thing to do is to  remove the battery from the device.  This may clear the issue for you .  Problem is you are not getting a good connection with the service.  Are you able to go to the internet on the phone  visit web pages through the browser?   If not  update the  data profile on the device  If an EVO   go to settings system updates  update profile  if other android device go to settings about phone system updates  update profile

Journeyman

Hi...After I sent my issue to this Comment cue...my photos started working again.  Literally 3mins after sending it.

very odd but Thnx

Journeyman

Yes I can browse perfectly and I've done several profile updates and battery pulls. I guess all I can hope for is that it will miraculously fix It's self.

Master

At this point I would recommend that the device be returned to factory defaults.  To do this I suggest you call customer service at 1-888-211-4727

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat