Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 4G!!!

Patron

EVO 4G!!!

http://now.sprint.com/evo/?ECID=vanity:evo

this looks amazing!!

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

12/2/2010 is when I can upgrade. I can surely wait, gives them enough time to work out any kinks. They all have some type of hiccups on the initial release, it's actually expected. No doubt though, the EVO 4G is my next phone hands down.

Journeyman

This is sort of a cross-post from the Rants & Rave area, but still of interest here. In January, I was upset - like many - that Sprint was not going to get the HD2 so I posted in part that "If ... Sprint does not announce ... an  Android equivalent..." I would have to look at switching to T-Mobile (and everyone shudders). Well, on March 23rd, the evening before the HD2's availability via T-Mobile, they satisfied this very concern.  They announced the Android version of the HD2, the EVO 4G.  Cool, I don't feel the need to leave Sprint now.

The recent WM6.5/Sense 2.5 update for  my TouchPro2 will satisfy my HD2-like user experience till the  EVO becomes available this Summer. And since I'm in the National  Capital region, we're slated to get Wimax at some point this year. So  maybe by the time the bugs/kinks have been worked out of the first set  of EVO's in the Fall, the stable EVO I get will actually have a Wimax  datanet to ride on. It's all coming together finally.

Journeyman
Journeyman

I waited for months....MONTHS to upgrade to an HD2. Then I was crushed to learn Sprint wouldn't get the HD2 but T-Mobile would.  I fretted over swithing carriers but decided to stick with Sprint because of the promise of WiMax and the great plans.  Well, I settled for a Touch Pro 2 in January (even though I don't like keyboards).  I love the TP2 but now I learn about the EVO.  Am I going to have to pay full retail for the EVO?  I need a plan because I HAVE TO HAVE THAT EVO!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

Did HTC ever make a smartphone with real keyboard?  I suck at virtual keyboard, so I chose the Samsung Moment over the HTC Hero.  I am so disappointed the new HTC EVO 4G doesn't have a real keyboard.

Maybe from now to June, enough people complaining about the lack of keyboard will influence HTC?

Journeyman

same here i need a keyboard but the evo is so big the virtual key might not be a problem

Journeyman

HTC Pro 2 I believe has a keyboard. Also, the G1 (first Android phone) had a keyboard. Problem is, very few people really want a keyboard anymore. Most who do, usually cave and realise that some virtual keyboards are even better than hardware ones. The Evo has a great keyboard, and its really big too. Basically, you could probably type a lot faster with it than you could with most physical keyboards. Using my Hero, I already do that. The nice thing about virtual keyboards, you don't have to hit every key right. Hit in the general area and you can have it automatically correct for you. The HTC Touch Input keyboard is amazing. Has autocomplete for any words in its dictionary, which you can easily add to by just tapping the word. Also, if you hit a bunch of wrong keys, it will correct for it. You really should give it a try sometime. But you have to use it for at least 2 days without changing to a different keyboard. You may be able to find the file floating around the internet, and could install it to your Moment. It tends to glitch a bit when used on a non-Sense phone, but it should give you an idea. I honestly don't think HTC is going to use keyboards on their better Android phones ever again, mainly due to design preferences. Problem is, many people like having less bulk at the loss of a keyboard, since like I said, many software keyboards are just as good if not better. There is a tradeoff, but most of the discomfort is in learning to use them. Once you learn how to use them, they are quite handy. I'm looking forward to the Evo. I'm going to go to the Sprint store every weekend after it comes out until I can get one!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat