cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO - Cloudy camera

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVO - Cloudy camera

Has anyone experienced slight cloudiness in their EVO main camera?  I just noticed this the past couple weeks, when I turn on my camera to take a pic, the bottom 1/3 of the image looks slightly cloudy.  I thought perhaps there was something on the lens, and when I looked at the back and outside of lens it does appear as though something is on the bottom 1/3 of the lens.  But it must be inside, because I have cleaned it and still have the issue.  Has anyone had an issue like this?  Thank you.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

EVO - Cloudy camera

Hello!

If there is something on the inside of the lense, your best bet would be to get it into a Service and Repair center where they can take a look at the phone and see if they can clean it up.

If you don't know where the nearest one to you is, you can always locate one at www.sprint.com/storelocator

Journeyman

EVO - Cloudy camera

The lens cover scratches easily. If you've owned your phone, and ever set it down on a desk face up, with the lens facing down, you have probably scratched it on the desk without knowing it. It's a bad design. There should be a lip around the lens material, but there isn't. There's no way to own this phone for a year without a scratched lens cover. You can replace it for a charge, or live with it as is. Bummer.

GrandMaster

EVO - Cloudy camera

could be a couple things. i have seen where moisture gets into the phone and causes that. moisture trapped in the lens area. you can also try going into your settings and clearing the data on your camera app just in case it isnt a moisture or scratch problem. settings-applications-all applications.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

EVO - Cloudy camera

nyte_doc,

I've heard of reports of miscellaneous issues like this, some times a slight push on either the lens itself or the metal ring around the camera will fix the issue.

Master

EVO - Cloudy camera

Usually it is a scratched lens that clouds the pistures. A service and repair location will probably have a replacement lens or rear housing that they can fix it with. Other camera issues with weird looking photos or a black screen can usually be fixed by applying a little direct pressure on the lens from the outside, the camera sensor can become slightly dislodged if the phone is dropped. Even with the retaining clip inside the phone holding it in place, there are about 20 connections that camera sensor has to make to work properly, if even one isn't seated correctly the camera can do weird things. Pressing it back into place corrects it in most cases unless the sensor itself has stopped working.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat