Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO - Email (read/unread) - incorrectly shown

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I use my EVO to connect to my hotmail acct, and to another Email server (pop3/smtp).

I primarily use my desktop/laptop to access these Emails - but occasionally check for Emails on my EVO (manual sync)

Problem 1: Using either outlook or the browser on my desktop, I check my hotmail, and mark all messages as read. Later in the day, if I check my hotmail on EVO (using the stock Email application), it pulls all Emails in (since last sync) as unread. I now have to go thru' these EMails and mark them as read. Is there any way to get the EVO to pull correct read/unread status of Emails?

Problem 2: For my pop3/smtp Email acct, I have set it to "not delete emails from server" on the EVO. This way, I can check my Emails on my desktop later on. On my desktop, I have set it so that it deletes the Emails from the server after download. If I download Emails on my EVO first, and then download on the desktop, as expected, I can get the Email on the desktop and then, it automatically deletes from the server. But when I sync my EVO to this pop3/smtp server the next time, that Email doesn't get deleted - it stays there on EVO. (If the Email had a large attachment that I didn't download originally on the EVO, then I cannot download the attachment - because it is not there on the server)

For both these issues, I guess the question is - Is there a way to have my EVO reflect what the server (hotmail or pop3/smtp) currently has?

Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention - I used a Touch Pro2 earlier (windows mobile) and it didn't exhibit this behavior - it always reflected the current status of the Email on the server - the way I prefer

Message was edited by: jj14x

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Any suggestions?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat